1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion 2012 TD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rahul24jam, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hello,

I did a TD of Punto 2012 Emotion 1.3 MJD two days back. I loved everything, including the long clutch, yes. But when i drove, (i usually drive in the city, so left hand is always on the gear knob) my left elbow kept brushing the right arm of the co-passenger, which was a bit irritating for me. so i have to restrict the freedom of my arm when i shift gears :(. I drive a 2002 Zen LXi now, which doesn't pose this problem, despite being a smaller car.

Could you guys share your take on this? Do u experience the same, or is it just that i noticed it because i was too self-conscious, or trying to find negative stuff?

The turning radius of 5m does really help in choosing the punto for my upgrade. not a big fan of GC raised to 185mm, but still, i don't find it ugly on punto. the looks are still very much there.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Havent faced any issues like this until I put an arm rest on my Punto :D. After that if the passenger tries to compete for the arm rest the elbows will brush.lol

I dont think anyone will face this issue until the passenger leans on towards the driver side.
  3. Hi,

Thanks a lot soccerfan. i think it must be cuz i was a bit conscious of the same. it was the sales guy who was in the passenger seat, who was trying to push a 2011 emotion pack in place of the 2012 punto emotion. though i knew all the improvements made in the 2012, i asked him about those. he said the main difference is only in PRICE!!! and the changes were negligible or nothing. i knew he was trying to sell me the 2011 one. and this irritated me, when i heard him say that fiat merely upped the price for 2012 by 35-40k, which is rubbish. maybe this irritated feeling made me think of my elbow brushing his. plus, he was also trying to control the way i drove by suggesting roads for me. maybe he was leaning forward.

but thank you soccerfan, your reply clears my doubts. but am waiting for the discounts to kick in, i feel right now the emotion 1.3 mjd is heavily overpriced, as he quoted me 7.49 L OTR for non-premium shade, in cochin, with only free RSA, and a paltry 5k discount.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I never faced such an issue.I have drove 3800 km till date.I have also took a test drive of PUNTO 2012 and simply put,I was impressed.YES!I really appreciated the reduced turning radius.

Half of the insurance amount is free now----confirm it from the dealer.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

You are correct. The ergonomics is done correctly in Punto regarding this. Two things irritate in these aspects are - Elbows brusing when gear shifts and the co-passenger right knee brushing the center console. If he / she pushes the seat behind to avoid this - it reduces the rear seat comfort in big way.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

what was the price quote for the 2011 punto..!??
  7. i didnt even enquire about the 2011 emo pk, cuz i think u get june/july machines now. they're diesel, and i suppose it's not a good thing to buy diesel machines that were idle for long. it could be a wrong notion, but still, i want the latest stuff when i spend in terms of 6-7 lakhs. plus, i don't like it a bit when the SA tries to push something to me, when i made the visit for another. in my opinion, the buyer decides. or if the SA got some point, he/she must convince there is a point. i don't know, almost 95% of enquirers of punto must have looked it up on the websites like fiat, team fiat or team bhp. or atleast carwale etc. so why must they try to persuade an informed customer, when they themselves do not know about the car fully? the SA didn't know about the 98 PCD alloys of Punto. he had no idea of the turning radius being shortened. and maybe to impress me, he compared GP emo 2012 with GP emotion 2011! and said price is too much for 2012 version! and i had to tell him 2012 emo has features of 2011 emo pk, 2012 dynamic got those of 2011 emo, and so on.

but i don't want to put the blame on tata people only, with Hyundai too, the same happened with me. My wife, who's got just a superficial idea about cars, could instruct the SA at Hyundai showroom, yes, literally! it was her who told the guy that i20 doesn't come with dynamic mileage indicators. so it's the case almost everywhere. i think maruti could be different. but any kid on the road is well versed in maruti machines.
  8. It's european car, where kids sit in the back seat, also a family car.

Only in India we think of back seat leg space , even i thought on the same lines but it's more required for Taxis than family cars.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

You took quote from RF or Concorde? Try getting the insurance from outside which can save some bucks
  10. it was RF Motors. had a lot of phone calls with concorde and seemed they didnt care. but the RF guy arranged a test-drive within minutes of my call. called up thrissur hyson motors who again said that there are NO discounts, and that waiting period is 30 days. ???