1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto emotion 2011 or Punto active 2012

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Chiranjit31, Jan 15, 2012.

1. I would be doing another PDI before taking delivery and will then ask for the same & i will be this time someone else to accompany for the PDI. I am able to say that tires are not brand new as the rubber sticking out from a new tire were not very prominent. Hope everything goes well as I am bit nervous as it was my decision to go for the Punto.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If the car has already done 93Km, chances are that the engine oil might be already dirty i.e. not clear.
    1 person likes this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Would the dip stick be good enough to indicate this or some other method to see the engine oil needs to be used? Please clarify for both petrol and diesel engines
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. @PaddleShifter- The dip stick looked fine enough to me, having said that I am not an expert in this regard. The clutch was not too hard , I didn't stall the car even once, but neither I stalled the Punto 2012 vehicle with 103 km on the ODO. But I stalled our family's i10 when it was brand new & clutch was very hard.
    My car and 2012 T.D drove almost the same , so I am almost certain it wasn't used as a Test vehicle.

Can their be any engine problem as it was lying in the stockyard for a long especially since its a Diesel.

Anything special I should be mindful while doing the PDI again?
  5. UPDATE:Today we took delivery of our BNW Punto 1.3 Multijet.
    Will be writing a detailed review once I get time & get to drive the car properly.

It is our 2nd car, the first car ( Maruti Omni) was brought on 19.10.99 & and now after 12 & half years later my dad took delivery of the Punto. So got our Omni his sister.

The drive from the showroom to home was a memorable one but I didn't drive, took one of the my cousins to drive it to home( we live in joint family). This day will be registered in my mind for a long time.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Congrats on buying the beauty. Waiting for your ownership thread
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Chiranjit, congrats on getting the car. Please post an ownership reveiw with a lot of pics. Did you buy the 2011 or the 2012 version - difficult to make out from the above posts and hence the question.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Thanks for your well wishes.
    Its the 2011 July made emotion that had been discussed in the thread. Today took it for a drive in the morning .It was driven by Myself, Father & Mother.
    Here are my observations-
    1) It looks stunning especially from the outside.
    2) The first two gears are not to my liking but from third gear their is no problem. Their is no visible turbo kick like the Maruti diesel (DDiS). The turbo kick was even evident from the passengers seat in the Dzire. In the Punto their is a gradual increase in the power.
    3) The engine feels a bit rough now, hope it becomes better after first service.
    4) Brake feel is very good , something we really missed in my Omni. It felt a bit better than our i10.
    5) Gear shift quality could have better , but not a problem for us. The i10's gearshift is better than this.
    6) Steering feel is very good . Their is almost no dead zone around the Center. It feel well weighted especially at speed.

Here are some observations observed by the father & mother.They have never driven anything else but our Omni.
    1) My dad was not initially comfortable with the clutch position & brake feel was a bit sensitive for his liking.
    2) Both of them complained of the first two gears.
    3) My dad liked the steering feel & how accurate it is.
    4) My mother said that the Punto hides speed pretty well.
    5) My mother especially liked the 3 rd gear, it can pull easily from 20 to 60. In the city one would could do without using the third gear.
    To my surprise neither of them stalled the car once.