1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto emotion 2011 or Punto active 2012

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Chiranjit31, Jan 15, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    If it doesn't have H in the Odo I may be concerned. There has been some discussion about this in the forum, do check that.Did you check the tire sidewalls for the new tire marks? Also how come it has clocked 93 km's, where is the dealers stock yard?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. The H was not there , their was warning saying low fuel and 93 km. I might have to re-check the H thing. I checked the tire sidewall the rubber were there but not very prominent , seeing the ODO at 93 km it looked O.K.

I just called the sales executive for the Manufacturing date clarification , he agreed that the chassis no indicates July, he said that the chassis was made in July & whole car got completed on 16/09/11. Is it true?

Regarding 93 km on the ODO it seems a bit high but the car was brought in for delivery once & it got canceled and it was then again put in stockyard & now when we booked it was brought to the showroom for the PDI . That's the explanation he gave. Our family's i10 when brought had 65-70 km on the ODO.

Doubt have crept in my mind. Any thing I should be specially mindful before taking delivery?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Three months to assemble a car? I think this is enough reason NOT to believe what he says. Make sure you do a thorough PDI before taking delivery. Suspect even the least abnormal thing, though the dealer will have an explanation for whatever concerns you raise.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    That is utter rubbish. never heard such a justification before. can he prove it. If you are going for it, do ask for more discount for this very reason. check the car thoroughly for any dents and scratches. especially check the finishing in the areas where both f/r bumpers join the fenders. if bumpers have been taken out for any work, usually you can make out by looking at these places especially with the quality of body work that happens at service centers.

Also if possible ask them to give in writing that the car has never been used as a test drive vehicle and has never been repaired for accident.
    1 person likes this.
  5. I also thought the same , How can a car take so long to be assembled. Anyway I would be doing a PDI again before finalizing. I checked thoroughly for repairs during my first PDI and I couldn't find any sign of repairs.The plastic covers on the seats were also on their place. Even if the car was not used as Test Drive vehicle is it advisable to go for a July manufactured vehicle especially diesel.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I am not sure about this point. would wait for other TFIians to pitch in with their views
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi , Dont Mistake me , Please go thorough the PDI and have an complete inspection look out of a TFI near by in the forums Guys any one near pls respond,and If you are satisfied to 99.99 % go ahead.

I haven't heard any story starting car in July and ending in September, It can have 1 month diff but its rare until it comes 31st of before and 1st of nest month .Its suspicious

You are going to Spend more than 6L on a car.Have a small doubt weather its not good drop it .

Buy 2012 Punto most of it are reworked and made new both interior and exterior, Think from ur quote Its 50 K its a big one but for a long time its good
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    'H' on the ODO is not a 100% reliable way to check if the car has been used or not. You can check the spikes on the tyre and also the engine oil dip stick if it is dirty or not - if both of these are fine, then chances are that the H has been reset by mistake

Ask the dealer for the form 22 - it would have the date at which the car was taken off the assembly. Also, the inventory excel sheet that is floating between dealers and Fiat has the chassis number and the date of coming out from the assembly. You can ask for that when you go over there (ask dealer to open it from the mail received from Tata/Fiat when you are at the dealership). I remember seeing a couple of TJets which had chassis date as May and assembly date as September. So there is some chance that the dealer is speaking the truth

Do a thorough PDI and only then buy the car - you need to be satisifed before you get the car
    1 person likes this.
  9. @speedJet & @vijays777
    Thanks for your advice , I did a thorough PDI and even drove the car, everything looked fine , not even a mini scratch. But one think that grab my attention that the rubber bushings on the roof looked in a bit bad shape, check it with other Indica Vista lying in the Stock , it looked also the same. I don't have any knowledge on this since my Omni doesn't have this thing. I guess it shows that the car was kept in the open for a long time.

Regarding Tyre the rubber was there but I can say from my experience that the tires were not brand new, but it looked O.K for 93 km on the ODO.

The engine oil dip stick looked clean & oil was a bit over optimum level.

Now I am most certain that this is a July made vehicle, probably on September in was disposed from the plant.

Now the most important question in my mind , the engine without being used for so long ,will it have at any bad effect considering its a Diesel.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have not seen any Fiat (during PDI) with proper rubber beadings on the roof. Ask the dealer to fix the same before delivery

How are you able to say that the tires are not new?
    1 person likes this.