1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto emotion 2011 or Punto active 2012

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Chiranjit31, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hi guys we are in process of buying a car .I am almost sure it will be a punto

The problem here is whether to go for 2011 emotion or 2012 active. The 2011 emotion after discounts comes to about 6.45 on road. Their is only one piece left manufactured in Sept/Oct 2011. The new punto dynamic(old emotion features) comes around 6.95 on road that exceeds our budget. Another option is to go for the Active variant 2012 which comes to about 6.30 on road . It has got less equipment , also i was told that the new active doesn't have rear power windows (the older dynamic had it) . Also I rate ABS very highly and would love to have it on my car.
    Is it advicable to got for the older one manufactured in Oct/Sept. Is the new Punto worth to buy a lower variant? or should we stretch for new Dynamic.

Things from the new punto that matter to us- Ground clearance increase is very must appreciated .The A.C upgrade is not neccesary.Improved interior can also be ingnored. Turning radius decrease will be good .
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Go for 2012 Punto. If you can stretch to dynamic version for ABS. Punto will be ideal for your place for its great FE and suspension. Blindly go for it.
    It is miles ahead than other hatches. A true VFM.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Stretching for the new Dyanmic will be difficult. If i was buying the car I would have stretched the budget.The problem is that my parents are buying the car, I am only 18. In my family car = Maruti 800 or Omni, so 7 lacs very high for a hatch. 6.45 lacs on-road for the old emotion is a stretch. Should i not go with the older emotion manufactured in Sept/Oct. If not I have a alternate plan to bring in the Polo Trendline which comes to around 6.13 on-road , they are also offering 15 k discount.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @ Chiranjit- I would stay away from the Polo as my research and the responses on this forum managed to convince me that the polo 3 cylinder engine in not worth the money, even with the bells and whistles. I'd just go with the 2011 Emotion n your case.
  5. Update:
    Booked 2011 Emotion today. I personally checked the car. It looked O.K ,drove it inside the showroom compound it felt good. It is a Sept made vehicle & had 93 km on the ODO.
    Experts can help- Anything special I should be mindful before taking delivery considering its a Sept made vehicle.

It was my advice to my parents to go for Punto, my mother wanted to go for Liva. Hope that my choice of Punto will make them satisfied.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats. I am sure your parents will definitely like the ride in Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Thanks, hope everything goes well. Their is a problem now , when i decoded the VIN np it shows July 2011, but my Sales executive had clearly told me that it is a Sept 2011 make . Also the no that i decoded was chassis no according to him, not the VIN, but it looked the same during decoding. Are VIN & Chassis no same. I am a bit confused .Experts please help.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Did you do a proper PDI?

Also does the ODO has the H symbol displayed?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. I did a proper PDI, even drove the car inside the showroom compound , everything looked O.K. The ODO did not show H , it showed 93 km & low fuel. Is Chassis no & VIN no same? I have repeatedly asked him about the manufacturing date , he said September. When I asked for the VIN he said he did'nt have it as of now & gave me the chassis no. , which looked same as the VIN when i decoded it . The chassis no according to him is MCA11835E07032289GMZ. I am a bit confused.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    As you have said, this is a July manufactured car.
    1 person likes this.