1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Dynamic how safe is it

Discussion in 'Punto' started by shravan.kgl, Dec 8, 2015.

1. shravan.kgl

shravan.kgl Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Hi All,

I am a first time car buyer from Bangalore.
    After doing a lot of research i came to conclusion Fiat makes safest cars.
    I am planning to buy Punto.
    My daily commute is less than 3km on weekdays and on weekends i usually travel to Mysore.
    Occasionally i go for long drives.
    I am looking to have vehicle for life time, so not interested in resale value.
    Hence i decided on wanted to go for Petrol Dynamic which comes to on road 6.8 lakhs, but it doesn't have safety features like Airbags, ABS, EBD.
    I want to know how this model is without safety features.

Is it worth paying 2.2 lakhs more Emotion

If you suggest me to go for Emotion, its 9 lakhs for both petrol and diesel.
    Which one is best for me petrol or diesel.

Thanks in advance
    rishike007 likes this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.
    FIAT is an awesome choice. Selecting between petrol and diesel is individual need.
    Since you would like to keep the car for long (and even otherwise for safety), ABS/EBD and Airbag model is suggested.
    10 years later, all the cars will have this.
    If you have high running (Mysore every week, and occasional long drives => approx 1500km~2000km a month), diesel will be lighter on the pocket.
    Punto is now available with 1.5L discount(select models), it would be a good bargain even for emotion variant.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dynamic model has abs,
    :)
    Go for emotion if u could stretch your budget,
  4. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Dynamic petrol has no ABS IMHO. Plus, not to discourage you, 3km daily run everyday, the engine wont even warm up properly, on each cycle; be it petrol or diesel. @asimpleson, @prabhjot your comments :D

I drive the dynamic myself, had an incident, 2 hears back, head on....my family fell in love with the car and its my mothers apple of the eye :D and I am writing this post. Mileage too, is OK, do not get modulated by arm chair fiat bashers. You can survive with the Dynamic, as a first time buyer. You will LOVE the low end torque of the 1.2.....extremely drivable in the city, but, it is NOT a drag racer or whatever. 6.8 is too much...there should be good discounts, shop around.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    IMHO, I am not a fan of Fire engine as much I am of the MJD. No offence to anyone. Calculate your total monthly running. If less than 1K, then opt for petrol. If more then diesel makes sense. Whatever variant you choose, ensure that the basic safety system of ABS at least is there if not for Air bags. Again if you are a first time buyer, would suggest to opt for preowned car which you can get in half the cost. Get a feel of the car, driving patterns, mileages achieved and then jump to buy a brand new one. Just my opinions.
  6. shravan.kgl

shravan.kgl Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Thank you all for your quick response.
    I went to dealer today.
    The 1.5 lakh discount is for only 1.4 Emotion Petrol 2014 models. All 2015 models have only 20000 gift cheque and 25000 exchange bonus.
    Is it worth going for 2014 model.
    I heard that in mid 2015, fiat tuned the vehicle and made some interior modifications.
    Please help me to decide.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @shravan.kgl I was also a first time buyer and I bought the Emotion MJD. It was a big stretch for me but I was not comfortable compromising on safety. Airbags are a requirement for all cars in any developed country and I assume they know a thing or two about safety.

If budget is an issue then maybe a preworshiped top version would be helpful. The other option I can think of (I will be bashed :p) is the Ford Figo where all versions come with airbags standard.
    ghodlur likes this.
  8. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Go for the Emotion MJD as there is no looking back if you are planning for along term ownership. The only thing you will have to keep in mind is the service schedule. Everything else is taken care of. ( Safety, Power, Speed, Reliability and the Growl of a Diesel Hatch )
    ghodlur and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If you are in market for a used car and your running is like 1k or nearabout, yes petrol or diesel both could work. But if you are in for a new vehicle better buy a diesel then. And yes airbag, abs etc. a very essential features, since the difference in few seconds is of life and death. So call it 2 or 20 lacs, its always worth it to have enhanced safety options. Unless stretching budget = not buying a car when you need it direly. But if it means wait for a few months to arrange funds, best to go for emotion or 90hp model punto.
    Turbothinghy and ghodlur like this.
  10. shravan.kgl

shravan.kgl Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Thanks again.
    Now finally I need to know is it ok to go for 2014 1.4 Fire Emotion which comes to 7.5 onroad.
    is there any changes in 2014 & 2015 models.
    Both are Punto Evo 2014 one is not Grande punto.
    my friend is saying around April 2015 there was engine tuneup and some interior changes.
    I will save 1 lakh. But my friend is saying its not worth it.