1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Dynamic 1.3MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by adi231189, Mar 16, 2013.

1. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    After the all the confusions finally the D day came and Punto Conquered everything that had gone banana :p over the last few weeks. Got a call yesterday that my car has arrived at 9:30 PM and i could take the delivery today. I made some helter skeltor calls to my office, and finally told them that i could not come due to unforeseen circumstances (My dealer was dragging me for 3 weeks that i will get my delivery on Saturday, totally unforseen that he did deliver this time :p)

So, started at 10AM went to Kashyap motors workshop and finally i saw to Blue Diamonds shinining bright, of which one of them was going to be mine. Simply bowled over by the color, it looks much better in flesh than i actually thought (Linea OB color is evern better).The PDI then started, checked everything up looked fine (no expert in PDI, but thanks to TFI).
    The car odo read H10Km, noted it and all the accesories were fixed and finally the car was taken to wash, since the car was to be driven back my them to Fiat Caffe. I met Mr OP sharma the workshop manager, really a gr8 guy, solved my every query regarding the car and its service issues if any.
    Met a few people in the workshop, who had Punto and literally people were Gaga over the Beauty, and only heard more and more positive stuff about the Punto. After hearing so many positives, it was really reassuring that i may have made a right choice. If you want to get you car serviced then Kashyap motors workshop at the moment is a good options (Testified by people who i met, who didn't like the service they got in oberoi)

Now went to Fiat Caffe after lunch at my house (they had arranged a linea for the ride, and man did i love it...really if had a budget this is really the car i will want to have).
    Reached Caffe at 3:30 PM, the car arrived about 40mins later and by the time had 2 coffee's from the Caffe (hmmm nice). Finally all the paper work done, collected all docs, paid for zero dep and collected my Free Service Coupons for 4th and 5th Service :D and also my 10K cash discount (negotiated today).

Finally Keys handed over to my mother, along with a Flower bouquet and my mother was showering money and sweets to the people working in the showroom in a way, i have never seen before :p.Headed straight to the the Pump, and filled 1000 buck (20L) of diesel, hell my Suzuki GS bike takes in only 7L of petrol when i shell Rs500. This put a big smile on my face and finally started driving slowing towards the temple, and did give my new love all the much needed attention she rightly deserved,could only click a few pics since i was in a bit of hurry and most of the time someone would come in between to look at her :D

I know this may not be detailed , but will post a detailed version later after munching a few miles.

P.s My special thanks to all TFI members who have been great over the last months, helping me out in every possible way. One quick question, shouldn't the turn indicators reset themselves after the Turn?

Below are a few pics, sorry i am not a gr8 photographer, had to click them quick.....will post more good ones soon

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0585.jpg

DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0591.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. sidindica

sidindica

-
    Congrats on your new car adi!

The aux-in is not supported in Delphi HU, tried every possible trick but did not succeeded. Currently went for pioneer 6590 HU with usb/ aux-in and B/T costing 8500. Panel and cuplar cost is seperate though.

155237_547144125319877_1889795481_n.jpg
  3. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    Thanks sid, since you are also in delhi...wanted to know where did you do the leather work on the knob and Steering, really would like to have that. Yah Thinking of getting a system soon, probably next month. I think i am having a problem with my turn indicators, they are not resetting to their position after a turn.
  4. sidindica

sidindica

-
    45829_547143515319938_1275784401_n.jpg

I too had this problem of turn indicators not resetting to their position, got the whole switchgear assembly replaced under warranty from Kashyap in Feb I think. It works fine now. The leather work was done from "Driven" at East of kailash. I even upgraded my wheels and tyres the same day by installing linea rims, michelin PLCs 195/60 R15 and linea wheel caps. I too have the dynamic variant.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    Thanks sid, will go next week to get the indictors fixed. Also how much did the leather work and Wheels cost you?...Since my first addition would be trying to get 15 inch tyres atleast, JK are too loud. I really liked your idea about linea wheel caps, they look good....might end up doing the same. Also really need to get something about the Sound system, seriously it is in the Ancient Babylon Times with not even a Aux port, CD's??? seriously i have hardly seen one in the last 5 years
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Adi..Finally you got ur Beauty from Fiat's Caffe..Great:clap..She looks simply stunning in oceanic blue..Happy miles with ur Beauty..:)Do post ur ownership review thread in detail..
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations on the stunner!

The more you drive it, the more you will appreciate the engineering put into it.

Cheers.

P.S. Why do dealers have to stick those ugly stickers on the car! :mad: Get it removed.
    1 person likes this.
  8. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    Thanks everybody, will get the stickers removed soon. not even done 100kms....will post a good update hopefully :D.....but next week have to get the indicators fixed, they are not automatically getting reset
  9. Congrats buddy...my dad loves this color, he still doesnt understand why this wonderful color is not available for 90hp.he thinks I chose red so that I can keep him away from driving...

Btw get that sticker removed looks very much out of place..(they come with innovative ideas of making a beautiful car ugly)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Buddy. Punto looks stunning in that colour. Happy Driving :)