1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Door Protection Sil Plates

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Apr 26, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran aana, adipoli mod. That thing looks awesome in blue though Orange would have matched with the interior lighting. Still, blue looks better.
    I wish such mods were available in Chandigarh. From where did he take power for the sill plates. I guess these illuminate only when the doors are opened rather than an on/off switch sort of jugaad.
  2. Hay dude those things looks awesome how much did it cost you and where u got it done man.....................
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Kiran tooo good. i think Hydrabad has lots of stuff for FIATs. Here in Pune I was not getting Door Sill Plates for long time and see you got Door Sill Plates that too Illuminated.

I think I have to visit Hydrabad to get these kind of Gadgets for my ride.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thanks all.

@ Varun : The font size of the aftermarket is much smaller compared to the original one, but hey .... they illuminate and thats what I wanted.

@ Cinju : You can enquire at a local accessories shop. But if you still cannot source it, PM me your number will call you and we can discuss about sending options to Trivendrum.
    I have sent a spoiler to Pune for Kedarbendre couple of weeks back for his new 90HP.
    OT : At the last meet, we all were thinking about a Southindia meet for all the 4 states at a common juncture. Can get you the accessories to the meet aswell if everything goes according to the plan.

@ Paddleshifter : Bingo. The power was connected to the switch of door. Since mine is an Active variant the sill plates and the leds in the foot well illuminate only when the front door is open.
    For other variants we can connect the sil plates individually to the respective door switch. I wanted a amber led lights but I thought blue would go better with the sil plates as they are blue aswell.
    I am also planning to the get the instrument panel light changed to blue. Underbody lighting is also in the pipeline aswell.

@ Sagar : Got it done last saturday. Sourced a technician from one of the accessories shop and we get it for almost half the price quoted. Come down to my place whenever you are free and have a look yourself.

I paid 600/- for the led light for the cabin light at the accessories shop, but according to the technician it would cost around 250 - 300 /- Rs. only.
    The cost of Sil plates when asked at the accessories shop was 2800/- and I got it for 1850/-
    The led strip with wires costed me 600/- and was quooted 1350/- at the accessories shop.
    I paid the technician 300/- Rs, though he asked me for a little less. Small gestures will bring in more value in future.
  5. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I had got a call from Pandit Auto that they are arranging a free movie show for Fiat customers, so on Saturday I went to collect the free movie tickets (got 4 tickets, 4 coupons for snacks and parking coupon!).

Since I had gone to Pandit anyways just enquired if they had the sill plates in stock, to my surprise they had the stock, so purchased it immediately. The printed price (for a pair) is Rs 391 and date of manifacture was in July.

So after wait of many months got the sill plates...along with free movie tickets :p
  6. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    Kiran,

that looks effin awesome.... like others have said orange would have been better tho. although my current color is green - with J lol
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice ones kiran.
    the aftermarket manufacturers have made a small mistake with the sills though. They have chopped of the head of the guy in punto's P!!
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    @ Guru : Amber colour isn't as effective as the blue one.
    BTW What plans tomorrow? I am planning to visit Tejaswi tomorrow. Can you make it? Also there is a mini meet planned this weekend.

@ Shams : That was the first thing I observed and commented on the Sil plates. But that Point (dot or the guys head) will decrese further, the already small font size.
  9. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    eah, i', in for meeting up at tejaswi? what time ?
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    10.00am I guess. Will call you while starting at home