1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Door Protection Sil Plates

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  2. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ^^^ thanks MAN !!
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Tarun I love your idea..don't know the technical aspects, but my concern is there is very negligible gap between the sil plate & the car body. So putting an LED strip in between, I am not sure. Another factor is if the gap is slightly more there are chances of water & dust accumulating there and may result in rust. There may be options to overcome all this. That we have to sit & think ..So if there would have been an original one available, it would have been much easier & risk free..
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Dilip that's a nice stuff man and way too cheap... My only advise would be just get yourself some better double sided sticker from 3M in case if the sticker comes out as for sil plates these double sided sticker plays the main role.
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    hey its same like OG + its comes with set of 4 , og sills is just for front and cost around 300 rs , this ebay stuff is not cheap but better than OG 1nce
  6. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    AGREED !!!
    and hence need a gud fabricator...
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    yo Cinju
    i found a video on youtube .. do Check out ! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
  8. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    hello friends!

great to see the illuminated door sil plates!

I contacted my dealer in pune(pandit auto) for the sil plates, he quoted the rate as Rs 450.(2nos)
    They said there's only a single plate in one packet and one packet costs Rs 295!

My guess is that Rs 295 is for a pair of sil plates and not a single piece.
    Please help
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There should be a pair in one box. I recently got them for the Linea , and MRP including tax was Rs. 390 .

Pandit Auto is trying to pull a fast one here it seems.:thumbs down
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The packet contains pair of sil plates. Ask them to show the piece and you can see it for yourself.