1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Door Protection Sil Plates

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right its sum where around 320 bucks is what i checked with Wasan few months ago... Am afraid of rusts and hence didn't go for it.. It looks pretty though...
    Also its available only for the front door sill and none for the rare:-(
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Loved the reflective sticker.... Nice work...
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Seems the price has increased now. I had it installed some 6 months back for 295 Rs
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes it seems FIAT is increasing the price of most of it's demanding parts (Eg:- Door Sil plate, Linea Hand rest etc). Is someone from FIAT going through our threads .??:?:

Andy.. even I had this same concern. So what I did was I cleaned the place thoroughly with some rubbing compound, applied some collinite carnuaba wax on the area and then placed the plate. I know it is not a full proof solution, but maybe to an extend I may be able to prevent rust (Just assumptions..)
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju- Hats off with the innovation. I have installed door sill plates last month.

Price= Rs390/- (Rs295 is the old price).
    Going to get them pseudo illuminated tomorrow. :p
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanx PaddleShifter..I got this idea from illuminated T-jet Door Sil protection plate which costs Rs:-2489 /- as given in the website.. :) (http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-accessories.aspx?ModelId=5)
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju, how much did you pay for it?

And was the sticker cut with hand or computerized cutting?
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    What about the durability of the sticker? The sill plate will take a lot of abuse (contact with shoes etc.) while getting in/out of the car and the sticker wouldn't last for long.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I paid 150 bucks..Regarding the cutting I am not sure.I think it was cut by hand. What the guy did was he took the scan of the plate, took the measurement of the font from the plate and made the font equivalent in I think adobe illustrator.He just showed me the font he has made and explained to me how he made it.Technical side I am not very sure..Sorry..
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Well that's a question which only time can tell. Well I personally won't step my foot on it.So on my side it will be durable ..:)