1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Doesn't lock itself

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by mhitesh, Aug 19, 2012.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @shams- I forgot to add that my FIAT was having a car wash at a Nissan dealership. :D Hehe.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Talking about the Linea here.. what paddleshifter mentioned goes as feature in my ride too.. but for one variation...
    I can not manually lock the doors from inside...
    It has to be either by remote or by keys from driverside door...
    And the reason given for this is.... that this is a feature so that you never lock your keys inside the car.. you have to come out with the keys to lock the car...
    pretty neat.. eh!!!
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shikhar, you can manually lock the door from inside while sitting inside or from outside while the windows are rolled down so that you can put your hand inside and lock the door. To manually lock the doors from inside, simply push the door handle inwards, just the way it goes when the doors autolock at 20kmph.
  4. @PaddleShifter: Got that sir... I could not phrase myself (and misunderstood the discussion so far) as I was referring to - Manually lock the door, get out of the car - and close the door with lever pulled - and the car is locked (or some mechanism of that sort is not available in Fiat - and it is for good, must say that...
    However, while we are at the door locking, I went once again thru the whole manual and came across this point:

LED.JPG

While it does not mention "(Where Equipped)" anywhere in the section... I need your help in identifying the location of this LED... do not find it at any obvious place on my T-Jet+ (sorry if I am sounding dumb)!!
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is not applicable for Indian FIATs. :)
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Instead of that small leds , all of our car parking lights will blink and doors will not lock more than that security feature:)
  7. @PaddleShifter & @Vijays777
    Geee... thanks guys... for a moment this had me thinking that my car was tempered with at the showroom... :grin:
    Yeh... the constant parking lights for 1-2 sec, confirming that the car is secured..
    One blink to confirm unlock...
    1/2 second constant and then one blink to show it is not secured...
    Interesting and effective indications they are!!! :up
    1 person likes this.
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am getting confused and lost with all these replies, I am 100% sure that my Punto used to lock itself after 30 secs once the keys are removed and doors are closed.
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have the same question...i have seen mu car getting automatically locked after sometime.....
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you elaborate the situation when your car gets auto locked after sometime.

As Yashik explained, in previous post