1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Doesn't lock itself

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by mhitesh, Aug 19, 2012.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My Punto doesn't autolock itself when I exit the car, I waited for a few mins but the doors were still unlocked. I have to lock it either manually or pressing the autolock button on the remote.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That can be fixed by TASS. Not a problem.
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    BTW, i am unaware of this feature, does punto locks itself after exit.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If key is removed it locks by itself after some time. So even if we forget to lock after parking don't worry it will do the job for you.:D
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Are there any basic checks that I can perform
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess you have a 2010 Punto Sungoa. How come your Punto autolocks?

As far as I know and have experienced, Punto "auto locks" only in 2 situations:
    1. Auto lock at a speed of 20kmph while driving.
    2. If you unlock the car, but do not open the door, then it auto locks after 30 seconds.

You mean that when you arrive at your destination, the car will autolock itself after you come out from the car along with the key? :)

BTW, I have left my car unlocked once inside my home. So I am sure there is no such feature in my car.
    5 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    OMG I have once left my car in panjim without locking it. But when I returned I used the key to open it, with the impression that it is locked.
    I have never checked after opening the door and again closing as I was in the impression that it works. Our Getz at home does that.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I went and checked it now. What Paddleshifter mentioned is correct.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was surprised because it is a security feature that Punto does not auto lock itself after coming out of the car. It almost makes sure that one does not end up with his/her cars locked up inside the car while the person is out of the car.

Off Topic- Once I was at the dealership and I almost locked my car keys inside. :D
    What I did was that I was standing outside near my car waiting to avail the free wash coupon that I had got with the insurance. :p For some reason, I locked the car doors by manually pushing the inside door handle inwards while the front 2 windows were open. My father asked me to close the windows because of water droplets going inside the car. I simply again put my hand inside and used the auto Up feature to close the window only to realize that the doors are locked from inside and the car key is inserted in the ignition, rather than sitting inside my pocket. I ran towards front passenger side to see the window still down. Had I first closed the passenger side window, I would have been left stranded right inside the dealership.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yashik bhai its a five minute job to open the doors after removing the rubber beading for the SC guys. It has happened with me once in the service center itself and I have seen them do it. infact now i think i can do it myself also.. :)
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @mhitesh: Please ignore my reply as it is now clear that punto never close itself by exiting the vehicle. We need to close it by remote or manually.