1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto : Does it come with wheel arch covers?

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ravi Varma, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Guys,
    I'm confused now. I came across wheel arch protections and was thinking of getting them. But then someone said that Punto comes with them by default!! I got this doubt a long time back. I checked Puntos in office parking lot and they didn't have any.
    I was going through Kishore's ownership thread and I think I saw wheel arch protection. The ones in the below link are what I'm referring to.

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/wheel-arch-protections-punto.html
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The grande puntos do come with those covers which are mentioned on 99rpm as well with Fiat part nos. Not sure about Evo but I don't see a reason why they should not be present. More often than not they are soiled mud so you might have missed noticing.
  3. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    It's weird! I've shot off an email to FIAT asking for a clarity. Note that I'm not talking about the mudflaps :) In the below image, the body that's visible above the tyre, is that covered in your cars?

http://www.teamfiat.com/attachments/gc2-jpg.81646/
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The rear ones are short and do not cover the tyres fully as you can see in the 99rpm pic. The picture of your car is showing the area which is not covered by rear linings.
    Ravi Varma likes this.
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Ravi Varma Sorry mate. I initially mistook it for mud flaps. Hence all the confusion around. :oops:

Well mine is same like yours. There isn't any wheel arch cover as such.
    Ravi Varma likes this.