1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Diesel - Oil Filter

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by soccerfan, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    LOL, everyone knows this, but if you revisit your post you replied to Vijay Khasas post wherein he was only asking about oil filter and not diesel filter at all.

but you replied that you bought a diesel filter for Rs.1700 which might be confusing in context of the post :)

MJD = Multi Jet Diesel i.e the technology used in the engine not = engine, just kidding ;)
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. Man , I was trying to to be devils advocate to win over you:)
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Ok guys. Some more update. The Punto/Vista oild filter is made by Purolator. If u buy Purolator the cost is around 200 rs only. But if u buy the FIAT/TATA packaged ones it will cost you around 400 rs. Also guys how much does the oil drain plug cost for Punto diesel? I heard its around 180 rs :(

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Some more info - The vista diesel oil drain plug fits nicely in the Punto :). Good side of TATA-FIAT joint venture :D
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Was just checking on oils that might be suitable for Punto/Linea diesels . Delvac1/Delvac MX seems to be the best :p
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Delvac MX is the normal 15W40 Diesel engine oil. Not suitable in our Multijet engines. It'll suit the Palio 1.9D perfectly, though.

Cheers.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

1.9 d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    but gurjinder the ratings of Delvac mx except the grade looks better than the Selenia WR. I think a Delvac MX with 7.5K oil change interval would be better than selenia at 15k intervals. And atleast in the southern region we dont face low temperatures which warrant the use of 5W40. Swifts run perfectly in the 15W40 grade.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Selenia with 7.5k km's changes would be much better than using the wrong grade of engine oil. Engines are designed to use only particular grades of engine oil, and playing with them can harm the engine in the long run.

Maruti advises the use of 15w40 oil , so Swift uses 15W40. I do not know the technical differences that Suzuki put in the Multijet to enable it to use 15W40, but Maruti's move to use 15W40 is smart - since it's widely available and cheap.

The 5 in the 5W40 is not there only for low temperature regions. It'll ensure quicker lubrication at cold starts- whether it is at Leh or Rajasthan. Thereby ensuring lesser wear during the cold starts- when the most engine wear takes place. After the engine has warmed up, comparatively negligible wear takes place. Unless the temperatures really soar. The 5W40 is an allrounder for the diesel engines indeed.

If you want the best protection for your engine - stick to 5W40.

Cheers.
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Thanks Guruji :D for the info. Will stick to 5w40
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Even Fiat uses 15W-40 in Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD with a service interval of 7.5k kms, Tata uses the same in Vista Quadrajet

Punto and Linea have different oil pump which is designed to run 5W-40 using other grade of oil would result in excessive wear and tear due to insufficient oil pressure.