1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Diesel - Oil Filter

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by soccerfan, Oct 10, 2011.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    I want to change the Engine oil in my Punto (diesel) and need an oil filter. The delaers here are not ready to sell it over the counter. I called up Kawa automobiles .He said doesnt have and said after checking with a mechanic that the swift diesel oil filter will work. It will cost only around 100rs and would be easily available. I want to confirm if the swift diesels oil filter will work in Punto?
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

I can be entirely wrong, but aren't there two types of diesel filters for Punto? One with sensors and one without sensors? Or am i confusing the diesel filter with some other filter?
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would not suggest to use Swift oil filter.
    But the tata (vista/manza) oil filter is same (I believe), you can try that.
    BTW, why you want to change the oil yourself? Let TASS get it changed.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    you are confusing it with diesel fuel filter.

oil filter in linea is a imported ones. its made of wire mesh similar to k&N filters.

i havent seen swift oil filter so cannot comment.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you @Italia-Linea: I got confused between Oil filter and the diesel filter.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    I am using Mobil Delvac 1 in my Punto now. Its been around 8K kms since I changed to Delvac 1. Now its time for another change. And dont want to spend my day at TASC for changing oil and they wont allow anything other than oils brought from them. Im a kind of DIY person :)

I will try the Manza/Vista option
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    8k oil changes with Delvac 1 is super. Your engine will quietly say "I Love You" in your ears if you continue this routine.;)

15k oil change is nothing but a myth. Or a marketing gimmick.

Cheers.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    mobil delvac diesel engine oil is amazing product. my friend who owns a tourist business has big cans of these in his house. he changes indicas engine oil ever 8-10k. one of his car has done 3.8 lac kms without engine work. the newest one has done 1.75 lacs :)
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Absolutely. I just love this oil. Never thought that an oil change will make the engine this silent. And its just a shade more expensive than the selenia that we get from TASC
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

What is the price of Mobil Delvac 1?