1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Diesel is really environment friendly among all diesel cars in india

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by vikastwister, Dec 20, 2011.

1. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Hi Guys,
    Recently I had a pollution check on my Punto MJD in noida with working testing machine, no fake papers. Mine is feb, 2010 punto completed 31500+ KMS till date.:D. The guy at the testing station told me that, you do not drive your car very much as its emission is very less as compared to the max limit defined by government. I told him it has run 31500+ KMS and he was amazed to see the emission of my car. Government has defined the emission limit to 2.45 Max. And punto reading was "0.26" even with throttle response. Its unbelievable almost 10 times lower what government has decided. Given the mileage this MJD gives over all emission will be lower than the petrol engines for 1 litr of pertrol and 1 ltr of diesel.
    I am really a very happy punto MJD owner and happily punting. Will keep the car till it will last as I am already having piece of mind.

One more thing which is bit off topic. Most of the People are really not educated for fiat cars there capabilities and features. At least this is what I have experienced. I am having few friends in my office and they always cry about short 1 and 2 gear of punto and this is what they have read on internet, but none of them has actually experienced it. I live in noida and we all know the ramp in basement parking of Great India Place. We were there for office party and car was full with 5 passengers and AC was on. My car climbed all that ramp in 2nd gear with out using even accelerator and they were clue less about what is happening. And all of them just fall in love with punto and one of them is suggesting his parents to buy punto for them selves.

I think what fiat has to do is to educate the people regarding features of the car. And let them know what they are going to miss if not buying fiat. As far as the ASS is concerned I am happy with it no major issue. Door Latch was broken by speaker installer and the for active model it was not available, TASS did not made it available in 10 days called the Fiat customer care center and door latch was made available in 3 days including installation and that is free of cost just labour cost as car is in warrenty. Other than that no major issue while getting service from service center.

Vikas Bhardwaj
    9 people like this.
  2. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    people care about 0-100 speed .. but no one cares about the acceleration after 100. As far as i have compared the acceleration after 100, stability and stopping power of punto is best in the class .
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    4 people like this.
  3. asif

Every one is concernd about the performance of punto,when compared to swift.One of ma frnd complained that Punto is not a car for the youth.He changed his attitude when he saw a punto drifting in a ground,a red punto mjd,i know the guy in the car and he is in TFI.And i must say it was awesome,it was the first time people see ing stunts in a punto and saying wow,wht a machine....It looks a lot bettr than swift while having stunts with it,as it handlez a lot and stays in control at any stage.And most people complain about fiat without driving it,and if ones needs to love Fiat,one should really know that driving is a passion.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

I just came across this video on you tube.I would like to have comments from people who says "punto has useless,good for nothing 1st & 2nd gears".THen how this is possible?Punto's Stunt.3gp - YouTube
    1 person likes this.
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

I think , Fiat is only responsible for its sales.It needs to explain why short gearing ratios and stability after 100 KM. People need to be educated about this. I think short gearing ratio is a boon when slopes are to be climbed and I like long clutch pretty much. Its fun to drive actually.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    15 days for a door latch!! And eve that was delivered after the CUSTOMER complained to customer care? What use are the dealer's then?! Fiat really needs to start treating it's customers & their time with more respect. Until these irritating issues are not settled, Fiat will never be able to sell or compete with Maruti & Hyundai. Why is that even after 15 year's the Fiat hasn't been able to put in place simple processes like having spares available with dealer's or having a smooth process of dealer's being able to order these spares and getting delivery in time?
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I dont think its FIAT's fault here.The spares problems have always been on the dealer's end and they put the blame on FIAT sayin FIAT doesnt ship the spares.I mean how ridiculous is this?? Why would FIAT not ship the spares if the dealer has placed the order?? Dealers just want to wash their hands by playing the blame game.Infact from what i've heard is TATA has to buy the spares from FIAT and then sell them that includes TATA's profit again :-D So the people who crib that the spares are costly are suppose to blame TATA for this!!

Both the sides FIAT is smashed anyways :A
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat should make a Mandatory for the Tata Dealer to have the fast moving spares in stock, Infact i never faced any issues with the spares with Fortune - Nerul, They had the windscreen washer hose in stock as well as the Reverse light in stock.
    Also heard that the Grey market is full of FIAT spares that means the FIATS are more on roads now...........
  8. bak

bak Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to that, like the acceleration at 95+ speeds. Even on >15% ramp never had to press accelerator to climb, also like the long travel clutch.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Guys, this thread is veering off topic. From discussion on the low pollution levels of the Punto to discussions on spare parts!:)

Let's stick to topic.
    1 person likes this.
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Tonight , i saw 2 puntos in Nerul :) one is BNW and other is mediun grey...