1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Desmodronic Foldable key replacement?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by gvm, Dec 8, 2011.

1. With 2 years completed, the desmodronic foldable key (Emotion Pack version) is now jammed! The spring inside seems to have given up.

Maybe opening and replacing the spring will do the job. Not yet taken this step.

Any idea how can I get a replacement and the cost?
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    when i have done the test drive of the GP,the sales guy told that the foldable key will cost around 3000Rs.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Please check it with the dealership,to know the exact amount.
  3. i guess the price is around 11k-12k. i dont exactly remeber the source but i guess i read it in some post in team fiat. Also the key will be sourced from abroad after you give them the electornic code of the key.
  4. muni

muni

Bangalore
    Since I bought my Punto last week and it is fresh in my mind, I was told by the service guy that it costs 8K for the desmodronic key ( if you want a dupliate). The reguular one costs around 4K.
  5. Thanks for the update on cost.

8k :eek: think, I should dare to do my own repair.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    The normal key costs Rs. 790. I ordered the key long back at Pandit Auto for my Punto and they took 20 days for the same. Once the key is received it will be configured in the ECU.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  8. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

I doubt that price of 790 for the normal key. I remember that my previous car Maruti Ritz came with a set of normal keys with the rolling code chip in it for which they said the cost is 4K. If I am not wrong Fiat keys also come with the immobilizer chip in it and hence will be atleast as costly as other car brands.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I too had some issues with the rubbery switches of my Punto's desmodronic key. What I did was to order a key fob from ebay.com for 650 Rs and changes the button alone and is working absolutely fine now. Even a three key keyfob will have the similar button size and layout so its very easy to replace it.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    1 person likes this.
  10. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    1 person likes this.