1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto - Combination switch

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Prabu, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Prabu

Prabu Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi,

I have problem with my combination switch once high beam is enabled unable to switch off, but with some adjustment moving the stick works, or putting left/right indicator it goes off.

Any one know how to fix it, any repair is possible?

Regards
    Prabu
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Prabu Are you familiar with switch how it works...? Probably you are new to car..... Or may be it is a problem
  3. Prabu

Prabu Novizio

Bangalore
    Dear, It is 2009 bought car launch model :) running fine no issue, I know may be a problem or might be a problem.

I am looking for resolution, if you have solution revert otherwise allow others to respond pls.

regards
    Prabu
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I just judge according to your messages in this forum . I thought you have purchased a new vehicle .... So I did comment
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have gone through this problem few months back.This is very painful,eventhough the car is not started headlight remains ON and sometimes keep switching from Low to High beam.As you said is right when stick/stalk position changed to indicator then low and high beam works fine.

Actually that's due to the extreme usage of the stick/stalk,mine was Emotion pack model,this comes with airbag module.Please note active,dynamic and emotion pack model have different combination switch.Emotion pack model is costly affair 9.5K Inr.

In 2011, the left stick/stalk was broken hence sourced after market combination switch from Kava Automobiles Mumbai,hence had a spare combination switch.Took this combination switch to my local garage technician,after discussion we removed the combination switch(remove the negative terminal of battery,special tools required to remove horn pad) after disconnecting the steering wheel and inspecting the combination switch(completely disasembled) we found that the stick/stalk contact strips were worn out and have lost it tension which comes in contact with the main contacts of assembly switch,this is mere due to extreme usage,end of its life.Then we replaced only the stick/stalk from my spare combination switch and now its working fine.Nice work done by my technician,for 3 hours of job he charged me 500INR. :)

if your car model is Emotion pack then source combination switch from after market,if active or dynamic buy a new one from 99rpm.com. if you feel 9.5K INR is too much for new combination switch then definitely go for after market switch and get them replace in FASS or from your local garage.
    Iyu likes this.