1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto color

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by guru, Feb 26, 2011.

1. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    I booked mjd Active variant as emotion was out of budget. I've booked a Punto Exotic red after test driving quite few cars. Now i'm having second thoughts about it. I'm thinking may be i should have booked Foxtrot Azure or Silver instead of Red. The silver one i saw in the showroom was duller / darker shade. is it possible to make it brighter by wax or some other process?

can someone with an Azure tell me how the car looks in person?

thanks,
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi sir ji, you have quoted the wrong thread for the first time. :lol:

@Guru- Have a look at this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=42&t=26&hilit=best+color+on+punto

I think Red looks great and better than minimal grey in my subjective opinion. Color choice is very personal thing.

My personal favourite is RED but I don't own a Red GP myself as you need to keep it clean for best results.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @ Guru : Even I had a huge dilema about the colour choice :confused . But it was between Exotica Red and Nova Bossa White. Before buying the car I have seen few NBW and loved it, never saw an Exotica Red with my own eyes till then. But the day I was given a test drive at my home it was in an Exotica Red GP E+ and I had to go down stairs cause the guy couldn't find our address. I have seen the Exotica Red GP from a distance of about 100m and I just fell in love with it. :wow

Then again I was bit tilted towards the NBW too. But personally I feel Exotica Red is the best colour you can have in Active version :redcar .
    The red and black combination is the best :clapping . But again if you don't want a sporty look or more eye catching colour and want to settle for a subtle colour then minimal grey or even the NBW look good too. ::T

Checkout the following link for Exotica Red Active version

http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=781&start=160
  5. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    thanks so much guys. guess i'll stick with red :) i started dithering after seeing the modded punto with audi/jaguarish front grill in the modification thread

@ Nkiran
    that red one looks awesome. I moved from Bangalore to Hyderabad like recently (new job). Here's hoping i can join you guys @ your next Hyderabad meet

btw i booked it Tejaswi motors as well. They agreed for 5.7L for 1.3 mjd active after a bit of haggling ::T
  6. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    @ Guru : We have some horror stories from Tejaswi. I suggest you get some TFI stickers asap. We have been promoting TFI wherever possible. PM me your number. I will call you and can discuss. I am visiting Tejaswi and Malik cars wednesday for 2 different reasons. I have also planned to meet Shashank on the same day. If you are working somewhere near Hitech city and if you can spare some time, we can catch up and have a little chat too. So when is your beauty arriving? I don't know why, but I couldn't see one Exotica red Punto earlier to my purchase, but all I see these days are Red Puntos. Today I came accross 3 Puntos and all of them are Red.
  7. guru

guru

Hyderabad

whoa! The sales persons seemed decent enough. I'd like to get the TFI stickers alright. i'll check the stickers thread. I've pm'd you my number. I work at Microsoft - Gachibowli. i can meet you on Wednesday near Hitech city - let me know the time. . The beauty is supposed to arrive at the dealer in about 8 days. I've asked for door handle to be painted and Central locking to be added - which may take a couple more days.. all in all i'd say within 2 weeks from now.
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I have asked for the Central lock the day I bought my car. Its been more than 2 months now and not even a single call from them. Those guys at the Accessories are pathetic. My personal advice is donot approach those guys for any accessory. Will tell you in detail when we meet personally. But Shashank got a spoiler fitted yesterday at Tejaswi and also had a long discussion with the Showroom manager and the Service manager. The thing is the guys are good, but the service isn't. Hope we can go together to them and can demand for extra care in servicing.
  9. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    cant wait to meet you guys on Wednesday and go over to Tejaswi motors !!!
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    How do you commute to your office. I will be coming to Kondapur X roads anyway on wednesday. I can pickyou up at your office if you would like to.