1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amargawade90, May 23, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Specifically looking for MJD . My guess is its also Valeo only but just need to confirm so that I can order from 99rpm or buy it myself from a dealer I know in blr
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It is better you buy from the dealer whom you know will sell OTC. Risk is nil.

Abdul
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  3. I am almost certain its valeo.valeo is one of the largest supplier of spares for fiat.
    You planning to get the clutch changed from outside??at 40k kms the clutch gave up too early..I was under the impression that it will be min 75k kms after that we need to change it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My OTC is not going to be at a FIAT dealer btw!! its from another source.

Nope the clutch is just perfect. Its a little hard though but that's expected from a '09 punto . I'm changing it because of my Leh trip . I somehow have a bad feeling that it might fail somewhere in Leh or Nubra valley! and then you know the problem.

Secondly i'm just going to purchase it and keep my old kit till say Aug, I will change over to the new one about a month before my actual trip.
  5. adi2903

adi2903

panchkula
    i also have the clutch heaviness issue,drop in pickup and mileage.even the race pedal feels heavy.what to do now
  6. Shamis

Shamis Timido

Hi. in continuation to my ongoing problem, the final proposed estimate I got from Fiat on 9th July 2013, for complete overhaul of my 1.3 MJD 75 Hp is -
    [TABLE="width: 434"]

[TD="colspan: 3"]ESTIMATE FOR PUNTO EMO. PK 1.3 MJD 75 HP (2009)[/TD]

SR. NO.

PART NAME
    PART PRICE

Half Engine Block Assembly
    INR 72,247

Timing Chain Kit
    INR 8,000

Oil Sump
    INR 1,500

Packing Set
    INR 11,500

H.L.A
    INR 7,000

Glow Plugs
    INR 3,500

Sealant
    INR 1,200

Service Parts
    INR 8,000

Turbo Charger
    INR 22,000

Service Charge
    INR 1,350

Engine Overhaul Works
    INR 9,500

Lathe Works
    INR 3,500

Oil Pump
    INR 10,000

Water Pump
    INR 350

[TD="colspan: 2"]TOTAL ESTIMATE COST.
    [/TD]
    INR 159,647
    [/TABLE]

Out of which after sending some 10 mails to Mr. Magesh and his team I got a reply that they would cover Sr. No. 1 (Half Engine Block with Piston Set) and Sr. No. 9 (Turbo Charger), the total of which is approx. Rs. 94,247/- and the balance Rs. 65,400/- to be shell out of my pocket.

Now on 17th Aug 2013, I took the delivery of my vehicle and ended up paying Rs. 62,000/-.
    4 people like this.
  7. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    For past 2 months I am facing below problems

Slight juddering when releasing clutch pedal after engaging lower gears [1st & 2nd].
    Gear lever feels hard when changing gears.
    Clutch pedal & Race pedal feels heavy.
    Drop in pick-up.
    Huge drop in mileage (Now: 10~11 with in city & 16 on highway, Earlier: 13~14 within city & 20 on highway.

Is this is the symptom of clutch towards end of its life?

current ODO reading: 73,000 Kms [Clutch not replaced till now].
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Please go and replace the clutch assy asap. You are running bonus kms of the clutch life. We didnt know it will go so far:)

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    :eek:
    Thanks Abdul for the quick update.
    This weekend planned for Bangalore-Salem trip. I will Fix appointment with KHT/Vecto & replace it before that.

10. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    Last week @ 86,000 Kms, replaced my stock clutch kit assembly[Clutch,Release Bearing, Master & Slave cylinders] @ True Sai Motors Salem.