1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amargawade90, May 23, 2013.

1. Thanks buddy..I really do hope and pray atleast FASS solve this problem for good..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Got my car back from kht, the clutch has become butter smooth and acceleration has increased aswell(maybe I am imagining this)..
    But car is jerking a lot while changing gears, this clutch is behaving totally differently..

3. Changed the clutch kit???
  4. No only the master cylinder..

5. No only the master cylinder.

6. No only the master cylinder. .

7. Shamis

Shamis Timido

My car is Nov, 2009 Purchased...
    They Saying Timing Chain not covered as it part of 60000K service now.

The problem started when the underbody hit a road bump on Surajkund road towards Faridabad. At that moment there was not problem only exhaust sound was like muffled.....but from the 3rd day there was loss of power; on taking to Oberoi 1st they said that it might be Turbo hose problem but after thorough inspection all these problem were reported to me. 1st they said replacing Turbo would resolve all problems, but after 20 days they called and said Turbo replacement did not resolve the problem....so how can I be sure on this (any inputs from any one).

On extended warranty they said cannot be covered for -

1. As my 75 K service was done at Bosch Service Center, Vasant Kunj (though I have seen that they have authorization of Fiat Car services) and their approach was much more professional and better than any Service center in Delhi - NCR (this was when Fiat - TATA were still going strong).
    2. Secondly, that it was not a normal engine failure as it was an accident.

Should I spent this amount for fiat cars famous for no re sale value and depreciation is faster than anything that moves.

Your feedback would be really appreciated.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

arnab, can you confirm the brand of the clutch kit used by FIAT?
    Is it valeo?
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    It's valeo for 1.4 Petrol. I don't know about MJD.
  10. prihir

prihir Amatore

Clutch Kit Replaced before a Week. Due to problem in Getting Reverse and Hard in all gear. Now it is like new.
    My car Punto MJD. 52500 Km. Replaced on 51500 km.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013