1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amargawade90, May 23, 2013.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yes covered under both Standard and Extended Warranty.
    Approx 1300 for master cylinder and 2600 for slave cylinder
    In 2009 cars slave cylinder was of plastic which was replaced to steel. There have been no changes in master cylinder design.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Today while driving the car to the showroom the clutch was hard through out but there was no problem to change gears, but just before entering the service center the clutch became rock hard and it was impossible to slot into any gear, rolled over to the side of the road pumped the clutch hard for sometime and it was bak to normal(no hardness at all.)
    Took it to service centre there they took an extended test drive of 20 to 25 kms but the clutch was fine,the sc decided to keep the car and check.But all the trouble shooting process done at the service centre is not at all confidwnce inspiring.
    Can you please explain what all can be the problems.
    I have got an important trip next month dont know if I am confident enough to take my punto.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This to me looks like a cylinder problem. If the clutch is hard all the way through(like in my case) its either because your clutch has reached EOL or pressure plates are getting hard.
    If something like this is happening then my suspicion goes towards the cylinder.
    I"m not sure here which cylinder would be the culprit but in either case if your in warranty then you should not worry as they should be replaced
    1 person likes this.
  4. Car is just 10 months old, but Fiat has got excellent support, the DMS is not up at kht, first kht have to trobleshoot the problem,then there is always the big question is the part available? Then Fiat has to approve the warranty which will take ages..Sigh!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Arnab, do not worry and relax! next month is still 10 days away buddy. give them time to find and fix the problem. i am sure it will be fine. is Velu looking at your car?
    1 person likes this.
  6. No, Mr.Bharat..

7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Master cylinder problem 100% if it became inpossible(with normal force) to press clutch pedal and became OK after hard push.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Thanks for the clarification.
    Is it possible for the clutch to behave like normal and again get hard like brick?

9. The car will be delivered tomorrow most probably, master cylinder was changed under warranty..they took a test drive to confirm it.
    But how do I be sure that the part was replaced before taking delivery of my car??any way to visually inspect it?

10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It is possible for difference in clutch feel at diff times due to problem in hydraulic system.
    You can't visually examine master cylinder as it gets hidden behind cover and clutch pedal but you would feel difference in how the clutch feels and jerks will be gone and smooth shifting.
    1 person likes this.