1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amargawade90, May 23, 2013.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Dhinakar, Dont you ever worry or panic. The Punto is not a space shuttle that only NASA can service. I would advise you to contact SM Auto on GP Road, Royapettah Tel no 9840647886 . You can get the clutch Assy of your choice imported or Indian. Select LUK or AMREP . You can ask him who a suitable mechanic is under his client list. Get it done. This clutch is part of the mjd drive train and with maruti using the similar drivetrain architecture, the clutch work is not a big deal for the local mechanics. PM me if you need more help.

Abdul
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks a lot Abdul. I will contact SM Auto and reach you in case I need any help.

Would you recommend any imported brand as OE clutch failed within 25k ? It will be helpful for me to choose brand.

Dhinakaran
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I think VALEO, france is available in the market. It may be worthwhile to try, but of course the cost implications is a call for you to take. They will guide you.

Abdul
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As per info from TATA ASS LUK is famous for feather touch feeling.
  5. dhinakaranselvaraj

Chennai
    Bhai - I enquired about the cost for LuK brand which costed 6500Rs including Clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing. Is it the right price ? and is LUK is the OEM for fiat Punto ?
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    No LUK is not OEM for Fiat, Fiat OEM clutches are Valeo
  7. dhinakaranselvaraj

Chennai
    Which one is best brand Luk or Valeo ?. Anyone tried LuK ?
  8. My Clutch has becomee rock hard once again. Current Odo reads 44890 KMS. During the 30 K service, the Clutch KIT was replaced under warranty. Today I drove my friend's wagon R for some 20 KMS and then when I took my Punto, the Clutch felt very very hard. For the pas 5K I was feeling the clutch is getting harder but felt like it is just a imagination. but today After driving the wagon R for which the clutch was replaced very recently, My car felt very Bad. How should I deal with this in the 45K service. Can I ask for a warranty replacement once again ? Why is this happening ? could be because of some other worn out part which is affecting and making the clutch going so bad ? My Santro's clutch is still so Nice at 55K odo but my Punto at 45K is expecting 3rd clutch.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    This is due to weaken pressure plate & clutch. You have to replace it & I don't think so that this time you will get any warranty claim for it. Changing clutch kit will not solve your problem.

- - - Merged Post - - -

This is due to weaken pressure plate & clutch. You have to replace it & I don't think so that this time you will get any warranty claim for it. Changing clutch kit will not solve your problem.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  10. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    clutch kit average life is 45k only, I have changed my LINEA clutch kit at 48k.