1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amargawade90, May 23, 2013.

1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Opps , Sorry !! I think Your Post was for "theblack" ..
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Clutch is never covered under warranty.. you can check with any car company in India...clutch goes kaput because of driving habits.... there is no other reason for clutch to wear down.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had got clutch assembly replaced under warrantee of my former 75 HP GP.
    Only burnt clutch are excluded from warrantee due to bad driving habbits
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Gawade Bhai, First of all a belated congratulation for 1.4 Punto. I didn't know that you bought one after lengthy discussions we had last year.
    Bad to hear the clutch issue, but it's good gesture from FIAT paying you 50% back. I appreciate that!
    Pls elaborate your driving habits. It seems you keep clutch engaged in jams for long.
    Don't feel lazy in slotting 1st or second from neutral instead of leaving the clutch engaged.
    2 people like this.
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2

I too have similiar issue in recent days and same has been escalated to Mangesh also. As per them they are reimbursing me the warranty parts amount only. I am waiting for their response as how they will be refunding me the paid money.

PFA bill associated in my case done at BRIZLAX MOTORS, VARANASI

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Finally , Today I Got 50% Refund On Clutch Part ( Almost 1800 Rs ) . Thanks To Mangesh Sir For Listening My Problem and Taking Action on It !!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you ENKI Bhai , No I Never Keep My foot on CLutch For Long , Using Only For Changing Gears But in Traffic Jam , Half Clutch is Must Necessary !!
  7. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Hi All, I have Punto Diesel 2010 model and completed 21000 km. Yesterday, when I was coming on the way to home, I felt that there was jerk while moving my car from 1st gear and this disappeared when the speeds goes up. I felt the same during reverse gear. after reaching home, jacked all the four wheels one by one and checked whether any issue with wheel bearing but all are fine. Next, opened bonnet and checked all engine mounts but all are in good condition. Today, I went to Fiat authorized service station (RDC Fiat, Chennai) and they examined with Onboard scanner and found no issues. Finally they confirmed that there is a clutch shuddering and clutch need to be replaced. But this is too early for clutch wear:eek:. Finally, I decided to replace it and asked for appointment. FASS people replied that appointment is full for next one month and I have to wait for more than 30 days to replace.:confused::confused:. I am confused and don't know what to do. Senior people plz suggest whether I can replace it outside FASS. If yes, provide me the parts which needs to be replaced with OE maker name. Thanks.
  8. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

yes , you would have gone to the service center with warranty book let where it clearly mentioned that it will cover under 30,000 km, the service advisor may not be aware of this and made you spend this money. in case if you log clutch compliant first time within 30K and it totally goes after 30k they should consider the old compliant and change it under warranty.

- - - Merged Post - - -

though clutch cost is 4000 but labour cost is high Rs.2000 as they need to open the gearbox to replace the clutch.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  9. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Hi Ramu, Thanks for your reply. Worst thing is I bought this car from my friend who had completed only 10k while selling off and he skipped service schedule which made warranty to void. Now I can neither use warranty nor paid work as service station appointment is full for next one month. Could you suggest whether I can do it outside with my Trusted Mechanic. ? Thanks
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Just a question, how much does a clutch replacement cost?
    I want to change mine before I leave to Leh in Sept .