1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amargawade90, May 23, 2013.

1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Yes , I will Try To My best For Refund ( Will Send Emails to Mangesh ) , Lets See !!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes , Total Cost = 9000Rs Including Labour...

As per Them , Clutch Is Wear n tear part , so its not covered in warranty ( only Clutch Salve cyndr etc. can claim in warranty )

20130531_231202.jpg
  2. Ofcourse clutch is a wear and tear part, but for that you need to drive your car for substantial amount of distance. Clutch giving up in less than 6 months of ownership and having driven the car for 4k odd kms is not at all justifiable. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Same thing happened with me at same tass they are not ready to replace under warranty , i took my Punto to "Galaxy motors", Mulund they checked and found pressure plate was faulty and replaced whole assembly in warranty , and till now in 71000 kms in 3 yrs i have changed clutch kit 3 times and they have always found pressure plate fault so i got first 2 in warranty and last one in paid
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I received Reply From Mangesh ::

"Dear Sir ,

Further to below communication , we have received update from region/dealer .

Attached photo of part replaced in your car indicate clutch & pressure plate wear due to clutch riding , such defect don’t fall under the preview of warranty policy & are not a manufacturing defect .

However as special case we are supporting with 50% gesture of goodwill on clutch assembly part .

Dealer will coordination for required reimbursement .

For future we request take care of driving .

With warm regards,

@Dear Mahesh /Valsan – we discussed .

Mangesh Kodalkar
    Customer Services"

Picture 002.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Sad but its true whatever mangesh saying, in my case clutch wear was uneven because of faulty pressure plate,
    Good to hear that they were giving 50% :-D
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine 2010 Punto's Clutch Save Cylinder was also changed before 2 months by the Local Service Station but part took from Fortune (nerul),
    Could spot the leak in the ground, so changed it ASAP,
    Its run 14500 Kms.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    What is that.. a squirrel's nest inside the assembly?

Secondly my pressure plate is hard now but I don't feel anything wrong with the clutch as such.
    Should I still go with full change or is just changing that pressure plate ok

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's better to change the complete assembly to avoid unnecessary circumstances.
    1 person likes this.
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Any Idea , How Much Its Cost ??
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    the one you have already paid dude... ;)
    1 person likes this.