1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto central locking system ??

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by puntolover, Nov 26, 2012.

1. puntolover

puntolover Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi,

How safe is the Punto Emotion pack central locking system, is it vulnerable to theft?

Is any punto/linea owners added other safety systems to prevent car thefts, I am much worried, because i am parking on the road side, Last night 1 scorpio & 1 Balero was thefted from road side which was parked along with my punto.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    modern day thieves can break anything! Its all luck in my opinion.
    I won't say FIAT's have a good central locking system but it does have engine immobilizer which might be hard to break.

Now why do I say FIATs don't have a good central locking system? My central locking system wasn't actually locking one of the rear doors and there was no sign of it. Everytime I locked the doors with remote It gave me a long indicator blink eventhough one of the door was not getting locked :( Thank goodness I found it before anything bad could happen

I read somewhere that thieves don't really care about stealing FIATS as they have no resale value and no point in taking the risk :p
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    :evilsmile :evilsmile ..with that one can sleep safe :)
  4. But people like us will change it[Increasing the Resale value] and so we have to think an alternative for sure..:D
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    To steal modern day cars thieves need to get special training regarding the locking system of doors, breaking the engine immobilizer etc. If they learn how to break a Maruti Swift or some Hyundai they will use it for stealing these cars for many years down the line. Also these cars have good resale value and they can even rip apart the spares and sell it in chor bazaar for a good price as there will be huge demand for the same. What if the thief learns to break a Punto? He will have to roam all over the city during the night to find a Punto :p Then the Punto should be parked on the road and not inside the compound with locked gate etc etc. Even if they steal it they will have a hard time selling it for good price :D

Take a look here
    http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/mos...855060-slideshow/stolen-photo-1349854782.html

look what google has shown up

1.JPG 2.JPG
    3 people like this.