1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto buying help

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by platinumshine, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Another update to share: The chassis number decodes to June 2012 as the month of manufacture. :)

SA said the car will arrive in their stockyard in next few days then I can go and do a PDI.
    I have a query, guys. Elderly folks in our family have to say that, get the delivery of the car only when the holy Shravan month starts i.e. 20th July onwards. Now the car will arrive much before that. It means, either the car will remain in the yard or at dealer's place for a week or two until 20th dawns. Dealer says, the car will remain safely there, not to worry. What should I take care of here if I have to take the delivery on 20th and the car remains with dealer until then? If there could be too many concerns here, then I can convince my family and go for an advanced date of delivery.

Since last few days, whenever we go out, my better half has got into this habit of pointing out a GP to me whenever one is spotted. :) As per her, every colour looks good on Punto ! Am just loving this part where she is also getting involved actively into the buying process wanting to know everything about the GP! GP & a few other cars for her is the 2nd best looking car, Linea being her most favorite by an unmatchable margin! :)
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    You are really lucky man that you have got such a wife. Moreover she likes punto and do what you are supposed to do.
    1 person likes this.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

I am going to the showroom shortly after writing this post to get the delivery of my Punto !
    Last week I did the PDI of my Punto when it arrived at the dealer's yard in Sahakarnagar locality of Pune. Will write a detailed one later.
    I followed the TFI PDI checklist,
    1. There were tiny scratch marks at some areas on top of the boot door. The guy responsible at yard told me, that they will vanish after polishing during delivery.
    2. I could not do a test driver as teh place was too cramped to take the car out.
    3. Rest everything looked fine.

and yes, she is a beauty! :)
    carrying along with me the PDI print now to go through the list once again before I take delivery today!

Keep ya all posted! :)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations!!

Please open a new thread and share your buying and ownership experiences.

This is closed now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.