1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by AniB, Jun 20, 2011.

1. hello every one this is aniruddha i am located in bangalore i am newbie to cars because i hardly have any road experience in driving :D but was born to drive in dreams :D .After lot of research on various forums and setting my personal preference i have selected punto as my first car i would like to ask few suggestions from tfians which would help me to strenghten my decission

1. 75 hp or 90 hp ???...
    2. 75 hp dynamic n go for custom upgrade with alloys n tyres n ice or 75 hp emotion pack ??
    3.is punto suitable for a new driver with litterally very little driving experince because of turning radius and rear visibilty ????
    4.how would the spares and service be affected if jv between tata n fiat collapses
    5. best dealership in bangalore ?????????/
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If your budget allows you, then go for the 90. No two opinions about it.

You just have to get a hang of it mate. You can opt for rear parking sensor and/or rear camera to help you with rear visibility.

Firstly, FIAT are here to stay. They aren't going anywhere.

We own a 2005 Palio D and have not encountered any difficulty in purchasing spares . So rest assured on this front.

Gurjinder.
  3. +1 to tha thanks gurjinder suppose if i go for 75 hp what would be better a dynamic variant with mods like after market alloys n ice upgrades or an emotion pack
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    AniB- First of all, you are from Bangalore which offers one of the best service back up amongst whole of India. You can find any type of product in Bangalore (be it a spare part for Fiat, Maruti, BMWs or any company) or an after market accessory.

Regarding dynamic vs Emotion, dynamic is a good variant. You save a lot and can get upgrades of your choice but if budget permits, go for Emotion pack. Some really good points are fog lamps, climate control, steering controls, foldable key, door open warning with buzzer, 15 inch alloys with wider tyres etc. But sound quality of speakers is not the best.

You need to decide that yourself. Whats the budget you are comfortable spending?
  5. well since bangalore has the highest tax amount so thought of budget of 7.5 l but can stretch to 8.0 l but dynamic in bangalore cost 6.6 l n addtion of 35 k including 15 inch tyres and alloys after trading brand new tyres n 45 k for ice so it comes near to e pack .
    can we fit fog lamps in dynamic ??
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are planning to spend so much, better to go for Emotion Pack. But if you are planning to spend 45k on ICE, you won't be satisfied with stock music system of E pack.

75hp emotion pack is a good choice but the music system is a weak point. But if I were you, I would still pick E pack over dynamic if I know that I would be spending almost same on dynamic post ICE and alloys.

You can install fog lamps in dynamic but they won't switch off along with the ignition. You will have to remember to switch them off manually everytime.
  7. HI AniB,
    first congrats to be part of TFI..
    Let me help you here, 76PS is good enough in bangalore traffic and highway, 76PS Emotion Pack in bangalore is 793439 aprox + 5500 for discount pack(for regular color).
    emotion pack 90PS in bangalore is 834261 aprox +5500 for discount pack (for regular color).
    Now its your call about what budget you can stretch. Car loan interest rate is 11.50 floating in SBI the best (can get at 11% is you working in public sector or companies like DELL,HP,wipro,Infi etc) and other bank its 12% minimum that is fixed.

Top end Emotion Pack is fully loaded and i think only speakers you need to change if your music fan and like to hear neat and highly cleared music.

About JV collapses, then FIAT will be independent entity and will open in india as Renault did with mahindra.. all FIAT owner will be happy if this happen. :D

Don`t worry about spare i just soled Palio 2002 model and didn`t have any issue with spares in bangalore.

About Dealer you can contact me just bought car from prarana motor 17June 2011, very smooth process and need not to run behind anything. i can talk to the person who have done my car delivery (he is the sale head for FIAT).
  8. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    I agree with the posts above - if you have a budget of 8, you should definitely get the E+. You haven't mentioned if you were considering petrol or diesel - be aware that the petrol doesn't give you the fuel efficiency of a Hyundai, city driving in Gurgaon gives me about 12.5kmpl (and I drive very conscious of the mileage). If you are ok with that, go for petrol - else also consider test driving the diesel. I have a September 2009 petrol E+ and am quite happy with it.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    First let me welcome you to Team FIAT India. Congratulations you selected FIAT Punto after your research.

If your budget allows you to buy Emotion Pack Punto ( Lets not consider 75 HP or 90 HP here ) then go for it. You will all the safety features along with 15" alloys with segments widest tyres.

Here most of the FIAT Owners are not happy with the stock music system. For that you can change the speaker with good quality speakers.

Now lets come to the 75hp or 90hp. If you are ready to pay extra 30k to 40k on 75 hp emotion pack then I will suggest you to go for it. 90HP Punto is so silent that you wont get to know that it a Diesel car.

Dont think about the Dyanmic Punto it does not offer good features instead of that go for Active so that you can save lot of money & you will get handsome amount for ICE upgradation & for alloys. Punto Dynamic is westage of money.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    - One point I forgot to mention is that the extra 40k you save by going for the 75HP Emotion Pack (instead of 90HP) can be utilized for buying diesel for a long period of time, depending upon your monthly usage.
    - By opting for Emotion Pack, the only weak point would be the speakers. You can spend 7k and get very good quality speakers and an additional 3-6k on door damping for that added effect. The car is fully loaded with features. On the other hand, you are planning to spend 80K on ICE & Alloys on Dynamic which takes it close to what you will spend on the Emotion Pack. You are spending 7.5 lacs on dynamic but still won't be having ABS, Airbags and EBD.

Punto Dynamic vs Punto Active: For 35k extra on dynamic, you get the following extra things:
    - Rear power windows
    - Central locking
    - Silver center console
    - Instrument Panel is that of Emotion variant with chrome dials
    - Advanced My Car settings
    - Theater dimming lights with spot light feature
    - Door open warning for all 4 doors
    - Saving of 5k on remote locking (remote locking for dynamic costs Rs3.5k whereas it costs Rs8-9k for Active and is not easily available everywhere)
    There are many more minute enhancements, and Dynamic is fully VFM for every rupee you spend on it.