1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Body Cover

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by omzworld, Sep 17, 2011.

1. omzworld

omzworld

Hi everyone, Just received my BNW E Punto 2 hrs back and keeping it in roadside is making me awake well past my sleeping time!

Can anyone tell me the best cover I can by for her so that rain, sun, dust wont affect her. I will get one over the weekend.
    I am from Bangalore
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can try Car Cover (Tyvek) White (OE). It costs ~2.5K, but worth it, in case car is always kept on outside.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    does it breathe? the main prob with plastic type covers is that if it rains, it would all become damp n smelly .
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    I got custom made for Punto with selected tarplin material(high grade) from Cargo tarplin(JC road) costed Rs.800/-

After rains gets dried....within an hour. I think better than the one avail in TASS.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Does this cover causes micro scratches? The tarpaulin what I have seen is rough material, and may introduce micro scratches on your paint.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. omzworld

omzworld

Bought body cover from SP Road. The shop owner said DuPont material - 100% waterproof and asked for Rs 950.

ANother shop nearby showed very very similar cover(it felt a little thicker) and asked for Rs 2200 and was adamant no w=onw will sell for < Rs1000. Finally went back and got from the 1st shop for Rs 900.

THe outer layer is shiny reflective kind and inner is white, little cloth like. Doesnt fit Punto accurately, seems to be for i20.
    But not bad. Will update when it rains!
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Nice. Please update us the name of the shop and couple of snaps of the cover. I may go for it - my current cover, though is excellent because it does not introduce micro scratches, lets water in.
  9. omz, congrats on ur car. sorry couldn't stay till u got ur car. i got the OEM cover from the dealer itself for 1.2k. It's a bit steep and looks like it's made of umbrella material. Is urs umbrella material too? I think it'll withstand rain and well (hopefully). only problem i see is it doesn't protect against children trying to scratch the car using stones (happened to our previous car).
  10. omzworld

omzworld

Don't remember the shop name. It was not directly on jc road but in a parallel gully.
    Unfortunately its not 100% water proof. But lets in little amount of water.
    Still feel value for money