1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Body Cover

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by samsuree, Jan 27, 2014.

1. samsuree

samsuree

Bangalore
    Can some one suggest where can i get a good Punto Body cover in Bangalore.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  3. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    It will be available in any auto shops. i20/Vista/Polo/Punto label will be there, it must cost you less than 800 /- . If you want only genuine ones, you may check it in FASS. But for regular use (where you will park it outside, lots of dust/pigeons/kids), you can go for this. From past almost 4 years i am buying regular ones, life will be 1 to 1. years.
  4. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    I've already checked with KHT and found that they have an after market one (INR800) which is a generic cover and not specifically designed for Punto. Straight away ordered the genuine one(INR1300) from 99RPM.com and got it delivered within 4 days through Blue dart. I actually planned for the Tyvek material but at last minute changed my mind since I couldn't push myself any further for a INR3000 car cover

BTW the genuine one I received fits like a glove and really nice. Though I'm not worried about the swirl marks since I've New Pearl White Punto ;) but I always use Josapu Duster before using the car cover.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    I was using this OEM body cover since 20 Dec 2013 and finally it gave up today. I park my car in OTS and hence I never leave my parked without Body Cover. It was exposed to Heat and Cold every day and night (I use my car only on weekends and long drives). As usual after a drive today I was putting my car body cover back and there it happened; While I was pulling it down, It was torn exactly on the RHS rear breaking light. I was literally taken aback. It's not even 3 months now. I spent INR 1440/- including shipping on this from 99RPM hoping that the Aftermarket 800/- car body cover sold by KHT Fiat won't be good.

So for all people out there if you are looking for Car body cover and more importantly, if your car is parked in OTS then never ever buy this FIAT OEM BODY cover. It might work a little longer if have a covered parking.

Any suggestions from other users who are using a good body on their car parked in OTS ???
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014