1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto at SindhuDurg VijayDurg

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by kedarbendre, Oct 31, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Car: </SPAN>

Fiat Grande Punto 90HP :)</SPAN>

Trip Members</SPAN>

Kedar, Rahul, Vijay, Mukund, Nitin</SPAN>

Pune-Kolhapur-RadhaNagari-Kankavali (Stay)-Malwan-SindhuDurg-VijayDurg-GaganBawada-Kolhapur-Pune</SPAN>

1) Khambataki Ghat (Pune to Satara)</SPAN>
    2) Phonda Ghat (RadhaNagari to Kankavli)</SPAN>
    3) Karule Ghat (Talere to GaganBawada)</SPAN>

Distance Travelled: - 998 kms</SPAN>
    Mileage 17.4 imply (100% AC ON)</SPAN>
    Diesel Required 57.35 (Rs. 2445)</SPAN>

Khed Shivapur Rs 65 </SPAN>
    Anewadi Rs 45 </SPAN>
    Taswade Rs 58 </SPAN>
    Kini Rs 58 </SPAN>

We were planning a trip to as we were planning to meet each others after 2-3 years. Our first destination was Murud Janjira Fort near alibaug as we had a group of 10, after few days of planning few members dropped due to XYZ reason. We 5 then decided to change the destination then SindhuDurg came into picture. We surfed a lot about SindhuDurg and get to know about another Fort (VijayDurg) which is nearby to SindhuDurg.</SPAN>

About SindhuDurg Fort</SPAN>

Boating of 10-15 mins from Malvan Dockyard. Ticket Rs. 37 per head.</SPAN>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sindhudurg. Fort is so beautiful. From west side of fort we entered into Sea :)</SPAN>

About VijayDurg Fort</SPAN>

Amazing place to hang out with friends and family.</SPAN>

In between this travel at we discovered a new beach (no on of us was aware of this beach). A Kunkeshwar Bear near to the Malwan is best beach I ever seen after Harne Beach. Water is crystal clear at Kunkeshwar Beach. There is lord Shiva Temple (Kunkeshwar Temple). Temple is so beautiful. Behind this temple there is beautiful beach which is least crowded and clean. </SPAN>

About KunkeShwar</SPAN>

Road condition is the worst after Kolhapur. Pune to Satara there was heavy traffic. </SPAN>

We started our return journey from VijayDurg to Pune at 6:35PM. We headed towards Kolhapur via GaganBawada. Roads till NH7 was beautiful. After NH 7 to GaganBawada roads were pathetic. We took 4:30 hours to reach Kolhapur and distance was 150kms only. </SPAN>

We stopped at Kolhapur at Parakh Hotel on Pune road, before Riverside Honda Showroom, Kolhapur. The food at Parakh was amazing.</SPAN>

Coincidently I met Aniket (TFI member from Kolhapur). He was with his family at Hotel Parakh. He saw my Punto at Hotels Parking & recognized my car (may be cause of Abarth Stickers and TFI Stickers). We had precious time with each other. I introduced him with my friend and informed about our trip J</SPAN></SPAN>. </SPAN>

Aniket nice to meet. </SPAN>

Photos coming soon </SPAN>
  2. Ahh, good way to get away from maddening city life,awaiting pictures and more details on the trip.
  3. @ Kedar... let the show begin.....:clapping

Awaiting more visuals from your end.
  4. prihir

prihir Amatore

Very nice.

Awaiting pics.

5. Tron

Tron Superiore

kedar, please post pics ASAP. Sounds a real good trip!
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I've been to Sindhudurg in 2006 with my friends on a forced vacation (we finished a project in half time, so got 10 days leave as reward.).
    We stayed with my friend's family there. Enjoyed the Konkan food. Also visited Kunkeshwar temple & beach, its really beautiful & clean...

Kedar, please post the pictures.

7. shams

shams Esperto

Kedar bhai i hope you guys didn't forget to take a camera along..if you did then please go to all those places again with camera, take pictures and post here!! :) :)