1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Alloy wheel bent, is there a way to get it removed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Oct 10, 2011.

1. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ganges, J Ravi, I went Iyengars Tyre Hospital!, Indiranagar, Allo bend can be completely removed, it will cost INR 450 ,He Took a look at the Tyre , He said Tyre Has to be replaced :( , Initially he advised to go for Yoko C Drive, but later when I told I have all other tyres are Apollo, He advised to get the fourth one as Apollo only, as three Apollo and One Yoko Makes no sense, He quoted INR 4900 for Apollo with some discount, same cost for Yoko as well, But the ChangeMyTyre.com lists Apollo 195 R15/60 Profile tyre as INR 4573, I will bargain 10% discount from Him tomorrow.
    1 person likes this.
  2. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Kumbakonam/Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello friends, is there any shop similar to Iyengars tyre hospial in Chennai.. Plz help me. I too have bent alloy on my punto....
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    There's one in GP Road, will post details shortly. Although not sure how good they are.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Kumbakonam/Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How about Rao tyres near selaiyur????????? Any idea ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Looks like you stay closer to where I'm staying - Do you own a Tuscan Wine Punto by any chance?

I don't think Rao Tyres can do it nor Udhayam Wheels. I'll post the address of GP Road shop in the coming days.
  6. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Kumbakonam/Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No, mine is medium grey TN22 CU 4111....staying in camp inside..
  7. Madan

Madan

Hyderabad
    My Fiat Linea PK front two alloys have slightly bent and quite visible with lot of wobbling while driving. While doing wheel balancing, they recommended for replacement. The tyres are unevenly worn out. Can I claim insurance for replacing the bent alloys. I am in Hyderabad and I visit Tejaswi Motors at Madhapur.

Now I am in urgent need of replacing my tyres and my insurance is due in June. If I replace the tyres, still they consider the insurance for alloys (as the evidence of uneven worn out of tyres wont be there with new tyres).

I understand from previous posts, that alloys can be replaced on Insurance.

Need advise.

- Madan
  8. Madan the alloys can be repaired, they are repaired in nampally or contact Ritesh from Ashoka wheels, you can call me on 9885330233 in case you need any further inputs
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I had a misconception that alloys are stronger than the steel rims and they would never bend, instead break in case heavy impact.

Considering the number of people complaining about bent alloys, I am wondering why FIAT doesn't perform a QC on the alloys.. this is just unacceptable. :thumbdown:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  10. Madan

Madan

Hyderabad
    Thanks and will talk to you. BTW, is it not good to claim insurance (?) rather than going for repair?

- Madan