1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Alloy wheel bent, is there a way to get it removed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Wear and tear parts are not covered under insurance...I would suggest since your tyre is punctured and alloy is bent.get the alloy repaired and put a tube with the tyre and use them as spare..Sell your existing spare tyre, get a new alloy and tyre...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    But if you check the earlier posts , they say alloys are also covered under insurance?, So what should be the alloy state to claim insurance?
  3. It should be in urepairable state I guess..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. macky

macky Amatore

The alloy of my car was also bent and when i asked the insurance guy he said that its a QC issue and u should ask for a warrenty replacement :):). soto get it under warrenty then the damage should be visible and also there should be some damage to the under body according to him. Also there were others who got it under insurance probably they should give a comment.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The alloy bend looks very minor that could be repaired, I think. If you decide to get the alloy repaired, please contact:

16114d1320911398-a1-car-care-centre-jayanagar-1st-block-bangalore-dsc05518.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    thanks ravi, But what about tyre, Can it be repaired too, I already got it repaired but it did not hold up!
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Consult A1 Car Care Centre. If they assure you about air pressure retaining, then get the tyre repaired from them and use it as a spare. Otherwise, go for a new tyre.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I cannot use it as a spare because my existing spare tyre is a non alloy R14 /175 tyre, I am driving my car with this tyre now, I am thinking of the best option out of these

1. Sell the existing spare tyre if any body is willing to buy, Buy a New alloy and Tyre so that I can Keep the bent alloy and punctured tyre as spare
    2. Buy a new Tyre get the bent alloy repaired , keep the existing spare tyre
    3. I called the Service center of AADya motors they said for bent alloy we can only claim insurance they are not replaceable under warranty ( if they agree to replace via insurance I can think of this option)

otherwise get the alloy bent repaired and tyre puncture repaired and continue to use it for another 5-10K KMS,

I am confused which is the best option, Please suggest
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i'm also in the same position like you.running with out any spare tire.
    opt for
    bent alloy can be reaired @ 750 INR
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the best of all, IMO.
    Since the tyre has side-wall puncture, I don't advise this option.