1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Alloy wheel bent, is there a way to get it removed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Oct 10, 2011.

1. rchatrath

rchatrath Timido

Karnal
    I have a Punto 90 HP. I was surprised when the service station told that nearly all my alloys are bent at varying extent. The drive has become uneasy with my steering wobbling all the way. I am surprised that the alloys are bent as I have read that these are very tough and do not bend. I drive very carefully and this seems very unusual.
    I am told that some one in Delhi, Pashim Vihar in Delhi fixes bent alloys? Please help
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    You can get it replaced through insurance, I replaced one wheel like that. But I am wondering what could be written as reason/story for the incident in your case as all of your wheels are bent.

-Gopi
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    All of my alloys are also bent. I think some members in the forum has de-bent their alloys, do a search. if i stumble across, will cross post it here.

I am seriosuly thinking of moving on to a reliable after market alloys. Any suggestions?
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    after my recent trip i been for wheel alignment and balancing and found 3 of the alloys was affected with small bent,out of which one was the little worst.
    hence decided to get it removed from the same shop,they charged me each alloy of 750 INR to remove the bent i asked them for the discount later changed to 700 INR.The TASS Pandit Sangli also have tie up with this shop,the TASS gives us a bomb of 1500 INR:eek:

Hows the charges in your city to remove the alloy wheel bent ?
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Can any point to a place in Bangalore where i can get the alloys repaired?

As four of my alloys are bent, i am sure, it will be very difficult for me to get insurance claim for these. Or can i? What say people?
  6. macky

macky Amatore

Guys,

My suggestion is not to get the alloys repaired, i have gone through that and its not worth it. Even after getting the bent removed, there is still some wobble. They might be able to remove the bent visibilly, but the damage is already done.
    THis should either be covered in insurance or under warrenty, if its not covered under both then this should be taken up with FIAT.
    If nothing happens go for the new set of alloys, preferably OEM, if there is no confidence then make sure you get 98PCD alloys along with hub centric rings.

7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am sure there has been a lot of discussion on hub centric rings, will check up and decide.

I have not been experiencing any kind of wobbles, the tyre shop fellow had confirmed that the bents are not very bad and can be driven with it. But i have feeling that the rear -right tyre is getting deflated faster than others.

Will try claiming insurance, let us see where it goes.

If that doesnt work, i am unsure if i will go for OEM alloys again because they haven't been nice so far. All four of them getting bent within the 1st year of ownership is nothing to drool about.

I need to read up all the alloy threads here!
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this will damage the life of tires...
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Nice info. My JET right front wheel alloy is bent. Tyre has a bubble, will follow up thru the insurance.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  10. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys

This happened on my visit to Factory Meet, While going to Aurangabad from Shirdi, I drove over a pothole which was fairly small but a bit deep, I could not spot it because road surface was with too much ridges, Punto's left alloy got bent!, also the Tyre Got punctured!, I drove for another 30 KMS with Spare Tyre, after which I spotted a road side trye shop, The Tyre Side wall got punctured as well as another puncture near the side rim area, He fixed bot the puncture after which I could drive with that tyre for another 600 KMS, But the puncture did not hold up, Tyre was flat again, I drove with spare tyre for next 400KMS, I am worried that I have been driving in spare tyre for close to 500KMS now

I wanted to know can this alloy be replaced under insurance also I feel this tyre cannot be repaired , Does the tyre is covered under insurance, Please help!

20121218_083626.jpg 20121218_083626_HDR.jpg 20121218_083632.jpg 20121218_083632_HDR.jpg 20121218_083712.jpg 20121218_083727.jpg 20121218_083738.jpg