1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Alloy wheel bent, is there a way to get it removed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Oct 10, 2011.

1. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Hey buddy , if you visit there by any chance can you let me the condition and price of it.Because its becoming very hard to find OE alloys here and I quite like the OE alloys design!!
  2. macky

macky Amatore

@gops:i called up Ashok wheels on minister road and they said they dont have them.
  3. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Thanks mate.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Is it really can be replaced under warrenty?? I replaced my alloy in insurance.

Thanks
    Gopi
  5. macky

macky Amatore

my bad, typo, should be insurance, i am getting it covered under insurance, but might take a while due to non availability of the alloy.
  6. macky

macky Amatore

ok. i asked for a claim and the surveyer inspected it and rejected the claim stating that there is no physical impact and he is not in talking terms. he wants some lower arm damage along with alloy wheel bend. crazy. so i asked him to give the same reason in writing but he is like " i am an independent surveyor and i cant give it and you can get it from Tata -Aig" i am disappointed pretty much right now. planning to take it to the customer court. any thoughts.
  7. macky

macky Amatore

update: the bent is being removed from Ashoka wheels, all you have to do is take your car there and they will do the rest, provided the bent is small.
    checked if they have a new piece of alloy and he said ,probably he might have one, so i am planning to get my spare wheel rim replaced with the alloy.
  8. i am having wobbling on my Linea emotion pk, i got it checked at concord motors and the service guy said all the alloys are bent . wonder how all of the wheels can get bent.Kindly let me know the procedure of claiming the insurance for all the 4 wheels and if any of you have been successful doing so.

Regards
    Vikram
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I am really amazed at the number of bent OEM alloys that users have reported. Is it an issue with the construction of the alloys or something else? Personally, I have decided to go with 14 inchers, which should fare slightly better in this regard.
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think the spirited driving is the cause of bent alloys. And elsewhere I have read fiat oem alloys are the one among the best alloys available.