1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Alloy wheel bent, is there a way to get it removed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Oct 10, 2011.

1. devansn

devansn Novizio

Hmmm. Thats sad. Thanks for the quick response, Rajesh.

By the way, question to Coimbatore guys especially, is it possible to do a painting / plating / whatever it is, to make my alloys look like new? If so, where can I do that, how much would it cost? Thanks in advance.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

yes, thats a question that even i have. i need to get my alloys colored black. is that possible?
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Hi All,

I replaced my bent alloys thro insurance. It took one week for the wheel to arrive.

4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Met a linea owner today at conorde having issues with alloys. He had some wheel wobbling issue. TASS diagnosis was that this is because of bent alloys. And they said all 4 alloys are bent.:eek: :confused:
    How can this happen? how can all four alloys bent! There were no visible damage/bent to the alloys, at least I could not see any. I suggested him to shoot an email to service@fiat.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Few months back when I went to service center with same issue (wobbling) I was diagnosed with three alloys bent. I tried to claim it through my insurance company (along with minor accident incident) but I was offered with only one alloy replacement. The surveyor told me; Sir I'll advice not to go for Fiat Alloys, we have been receiving many complaints and lots of replacement request irrespective of accident vehicles. He further continued saying...Sir, I suggest go for other branded alloys.

I was like .... :eek:. But I didn't paid much attention to it and got Lenso!
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Sandeep, as far as i know your's is an Emotion variant and it doesn't come with alloys. How come you received insurance claim on them.. I mean i also have Fiat Punto alloys on my active but the insurance guy refused to cover them in insurance saying that they are not OEM
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Good question :).

While renewing Insurance this year I opted for TATA AIG and they have some plan called zero depreciation - Pearl Plan (with high premium of 14k) and while getting insurance done they clicked the pictures and covered what all present and fitted on my car. And to be more precise...if you opt for TATA AIG, they consider Emotion as an Emotion Pack as in there system there is no Emotion model listed. I crossed checked thrice with them before taking insurance that it should not be a problem for me at the time of claiming..to that they clearly mentioned on my Insurance paper. And later it proved right as when I tried to claim insurance they did offered me to replace (one) Alloy but I denied.

Hope it clears your doubt.
  8. macky

macky Amatore

Hi,I am new to the forum and i couldnt find a similar thread.some how my GPs alloy wheel is slightly bent and the new one costs sround 10k, so is there a place in hyderabad where it can be removed.my sincere thanks in advance.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Macky, welcome to TFI. You posted in the announcements section so your post was caught by the spam filter.

Thread moved to technical section.

Well, for alloy repair, Hyderabad members can comment on the shop details but I would like to add that for around 10k, you can buy 4 Punto alloys from the alloys shop. Sometimes, emotion pack owners get the FIAT alloys removed to get some other design/size alloys from the aftermarket. These shops then sell second hand FIAT alloys for around 10k.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat Alloys are covered in insurance as they are part of the car when bought. Please get them replaced under insurance as they are covered 100%. You will have to pay only file charges.
    1 person likes this.