1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Alloy wheel bent, is there a way to get it removed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I also have the same problem. Last time, the SA told that 3 of my alloys are bent, and i have moved the worst ones to the rear. I did not see the wheels my self, and im just going with SA's words here. btw, can anyone advise me of any good places in Chennai who can fix this problem?
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I should have clicked a pic of my wheel. Anyways, i checked all the alloys, as i went to tyre shop to replace the tyre.

The left front alloy was bent, considerably small bent that is. I checked other alloys too, they are good condition.

Anyways, got fixed the tyre but the alignment of tyres have gone for a toss and the steering maintains a slight cross position. I have to take to TASS to fix these issue now.
  3. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hey guys

All people with Emotion PK, alloys are covered completely in insurance, got two alloys replaced under insurance without any hassle. Just paid file charges.

Hope this helps everybody.
    2 people like this.
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Now that is good news. I should claim mine too.

Thanks for letting us know Jotinder.
  5. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Yup just to add, the last thing you should do is to drive with a damaged tyre and a bent alloy.

I just got mine fixed - 50% for the tyre and 100% insurance for the alloy (don't bother repairing the alloy or buying a used one). Total expense was about Rs. 5500, well worth it.

Especially when you can take the spare tyre up front and the new (insurance paid) replacement up front - your baby can do another 30K KMS with no tyre replacement....! Thats the best part.

I call it a mid-life sprucing :dancing
  6. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Although I have shared the news sometime back on this forum about Kava Automobiles. But after visiting personally I found it's just an scrap yard for Fiat's accidentals and tested cars. I would say A BIG NO to Kava Automobiles!

Better look out for some other brand with 98 PCD.
  7. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    thanks.. this truly helps. Can you clarify which insurance company your car was insured with?
  8. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    It does not matter, but it was General federally or something like that, it’s the insurance I got with my new car for free, now I have Tata insurance. But it should not matter as your car is insured as a whole and Alloys for Emotion PK is part of the car value when you bought it.
  9. devansn

devansn Novizio

Coimbatore
    Sh_t!!! I should have gone through this post long back! Three of my alloys had bends - just got them rectified by a local shop... And the sad part is that after the issue is fixed, all of the alloys have a brown colour because of all the heating they do for correcting the bends! :-(

I should have first showed the bends to the service center and tried for an insurance cover! But is there any hope even now? Especially because my alloys have scratches here and there as well, because of human errors of the drivers of my car, including myself...

Also, three of my tyres had developed issues when they were about 27K kms old - now they are at 33K kms. Would I have got a replacement at 27K had I claimed?
  10. Since you have already got the alloys rectified from the local shop and as u said that the brown heating marks a clearly visible, i think that you won't be able to cover insurance any more. And more over i don't think TASC gives replacement for tyres, as they charged me for wheel balancing when my car had just done 1200kms.