1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Alloy wheel bent, is there a way to get it removed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Oct 10, 2011.

1. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    I need to rectify bend on 3 flower alloy wheels for my GTX in chennai. Let me know if anyone come across such shop.
    Vipul Shah likes this.
  2. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Try this : www.awrswheelrepair.com

I got my Punto Alloy wheel repaired thru' these guys and had no issues whatsoever. They charged me INR 4400 / alloy wheel including Wheel Balancing. Replacing with a new one would have cost me INR 10K which would have been ridiculous.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sorry...But these guys only support the states of MH, GJ, Goa and RAJ at the moment. :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey Guys,

All those FIAT owners residing in Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and Rajasthan and need to get their Alloys repaired when faced with the problem, try them :

www.awrswheelrepair.com

I got one of my alloys repaired for a dent and was charged INR 4400/ alloy wheel including balancing.

Their main base is Thane just behind R-Mall on Ghodbunder Road

HI TECH AUTO SERVICES PVT LTD
    Unit No-18
    Kalpataru Industrial Estate
    Near R-MALL, Ghodbundar Road
    Manpada, Thane-West
    Maharashtra India
    Pin Code - 400 607
    00-9819 000 581
    00-9821 714 478
    Hope this helps you all .
    Vipul Shah likes this.
  3. Bent Alloys umm, My MOMO alloys were bent, i got them repaired from a local engineering shop.

First the wheels were heated and the bent was rectified by hammering.

Next it was taken to lathe machine for correcting the alignment.

For the above job, i was charged 700 rupees!

End result was awesome!
    I painted the wheels myself using a spray paint

Then did the wheel balancing, thats it. These wheels are now used in the front and they are as fine as new.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

4400 per alloy to repair?
    Lol,for that amount you could have got a new set of Aftermarket 98 PCD alloys or infact new set of Fiat OEM alloys from Kava Mumbai.
  5. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    Hi Guys,

Can anybody let me know the process of replacing the bent alloy wheels through insurance?
    What kind of reasons accepted by insurance people?
    I got one of my alloy wheels bent but I did not have any accident. I had incidents of hitting crater like potholes and long back I had an incident (6 months back) where the car stepped on a small drainage pipe line and the pipe broke. I got the tyre damaged (side wall break) in that incident.

I doubt I could claim that now. But recently found that my wheel is bent (though I have faced the wobbling for long I did not know this is the reason)

Thanks in advance.
    -Murthy
  6. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Hello Teky, Can you help with this place? I have to repair all 4 alloys and ll give it a try before replacing the alloys!
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Chetan, can you brief us about spray paint.
    Did you do any prep work before painting.
    How much did these cans cost. How many cans do you need on avg.
    Did you clear coat after painting

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Hi Teky, I'm also waiting for your update on alloy repair shop on GP road.

Thanks
  9. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I still see lot of query on insurance cover for fiat alloys which are part of the car when bought. I have already written before bend alloy is covered in insurance, even minor bend is covered if it is visible. If any insurance company says no to cover the same, please escalate. Also no underbody damage on car is needed to claim the same. I have claimed only alloys under insurance without any underbody damage.

Also, please don't get alloy repaired as it damages the structural integrity of the alloy and it will also always have balancing issues. Repairing of alloy is never recommended by experts.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  10. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Hi jotinder
    WhAt do you mean when you say no under body damage? The rear alloys in my line a with a slight bend. But my under body has wearing (rust proof coating scratched away) due to low ground clearance. Would this be considered under body damage? Also another question to everyone is whether at any time alloys are replaced under warranty? My car is 4 years old but still covered under extended warranty.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk