1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto after 50 k

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by bibin, Apr 25, 2015.

1. bibin

bibin Regolare

Dear All.

My Punto1.3 mjd will cross 50k this month and would like to service the car at 53k. Please suggest on the checks which i have to ensure with Fiat SA after 50 k to keep the car niggle free.

2. bibin

bibin Regolare

Dear All,
    Many times thought of writing a review of my Italian stallion but due to my laziness it never happened but since it completed 50k, just thought of giving it a try.

Buying decision;

Year 2012: heard the car prices especially the diesel car prices is going to increase exuberantly in the budget and I was driving a 2001-M800 till Nov 2013 but sold it off when got a good offer from a local dealer and was in search of a good diesel car since my ride was around 1500 km per month.

Cars considered:

Swift; choice of a common man but due to six month waiting period and occasional price increase was making it beyond my reach.

VW polo: good car but the 3 cylinder engine and reviews on expensive spares pissed me off.

Just then a new neighbour came to reside in our apartment and he was having a 2010 punto 1.3 and he was the regional manager of united insurance. Meet him in few days and told him about the dilemma I am facing on choosing a car. He told me one thing that attracted me to punto, since he is working in insurance sector, fiat cars ,especially punto and linea are accident proof ones, even the base models cars of fiat are better than the full option swift and he also told me about ride quality and braking efficiency which made my mind that my next car will be a punto.

Buying process.

Since I had a budget of 6 lakh only and in 2012 refreshed models were introduced and active had all the features of dynamic,I decide to go with active 1.3 and got it in my budget after some negotiation.

Car was delivered on 1st march 2012 and the first 15000 km went very smoothly , first service bill came to around 6000 rs , only oil change and others .

Next service was @30 k....

Here the service bill was around 9k including brake pad change.
    4 Tyres were worn out and changed @ 30 k with 205/60/r14 nankang tyres for 12 k which I got from a local dealer.

45000 km update

First fully paid Service bill was around 12 k , here also brake pads were changed along with normal oil changes and others.
    @49 k during the service camp timing chain was replaced under warranty.

ghodlur, Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Better late than never @bibin !! Congrats for the beauty :smuggrin:
    bibin likes this.
  4. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Congratulations Bibin!!!!!!
    bibin likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulations mate on reaching the magical figure. How has the journey with the Punto been till date? Any major niggles? Where did you service the car? How has been the experience with them? Do take time to pen down your thoughts on that. Oh and yes, please add few more pics of the beauty.

Hapy many more mile crunching and drive safely..
    bibin likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Bibin congratulations for completing the milestone and I hope you will add one more "0" to this number in future. :) Keep it up
    bibin likes this.
  7. bibin

bibin Regolare

Thanks @ghodlur
    My Punto Getting Married:smuggrin: (@ My cousins Marriage)....regarding the services, i regularly service my car at Hyson Fiat, Cochin, which is a 4 km drive from my home and their service has been satisfactory but cannot be said as good/great, few niggles were there like sequin sound from front passenger seat from first day but after third service from hyson, it went away,don't know how, in earlier services i used to complain about the sequin sound but they were unable to correct and the beading from my front passenger windows got misaligned , causing disrupt in window closing and they corrected the alignment but have a fear it might mis align again.

IMG_20140519_093053 (1).jpg
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Deepak likes this.