1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Active Seat height adjustment

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by Vinothkumar84, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Vinothkumar84

Vinothkumar84 Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Folks,

I own a Punto active 1.3, Its a wonderful car for me, but my GF feels height needs to be adjusted, Is there anyways I can increase my driver seat height ?
    Fiat service says its not possible, I will have to go for a new dynamic seat.
    Please assist me

Cheers,
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Vinoth: Go to any car seat shop. Ask them to add 2inch cushion under the existing seat. They will remove the seat and push this 2inch cushion. Just test the height before refitting it again. You are done with height. Dont go for PU cushion as it will generate lot of heat.
    No height adjustment. Its a jugaad in Active. Enjoi. It hardly costs rs.150-200.

Make sure your shoulder height should be in level with the Steering 10-2 position points.
    You will feel much more confident at this position.
  3. Vinothkumar84

Vinothkumar84 Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks mate, Service center told me to go for Higher variant seat (whole seat set) If I need the height adjustment.
    I guess now I will check with car seat shop and add few inches of cushion.
  4. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    But wouldn't adding extra cushion affect the safety feature the seat offers like anti-submarine, the driving posture resulting in injuries? something you need to consider.

why not see if you can source a height adjustable seat from a write-off car, scrap yard?
  5. Vinothkumar84

Vinothkumar84 Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Im not sure, Thats why Im asking here for the expert advise :)

I just dont want to spend for a new seat, but I dont mind spending some decent amount for the seat from scrap yard (if at all it is available )

-Vinoth