1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Active Central Locking

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by puntopunter, Jun 1, 2010.

1. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    After so much of hassels,search,wait i finally got central locking installed in my active punto As there is no option of manual central locking no one i was able to find in hyderabad ready to install central locking so i gave my hope of installing central locking in car but then after some time i came to know in other cities like banglore and delhi many owner have installed it then again after some search i found out its only possible on earlier model of active (Dec 09 onwards though not sure about date) which have acutors already installed from company. So i started approching all the comapny like autocop, xenos, minda but still no one has clue.Then i spoke to crosslink wheels and told them its getting installed in banglore by your company area manager here told me to give some time he will get it confirm from banglore. After few days that is on yestarday i got call form him "Sir we have to check your car if acutors is there we can install". After seeing my car they said we can fit. They installed the lock with consultation from banglore technician on phone after 6 hours of work its working till now no issue.

Company: Crosslink wheels
    Model :Cke 90 (Higher model)
    Price : Rs 3900( Bit on higher side as mrp was 3995)
    Here some pics of remote.
    [attachment=1:1sa6cgrb]Image0032.jpg[/attachment:1sa6cgrb]
    [attachment=0:1sa6cgrb]Image0033.jpg[/attachment:1sa6cgrb]

Image0032.jpg

Image0033.jpg
  2. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    nice looking remote, what are the additional features on this one? i have the basic one with me , and i paid 4.4k for it :( in October last year
  3. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    locks doors as you turn the ingnition on, unlock doors as u turn the ignition off, stereo security, revrse siren and other basic funtion
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

The sliding action looks attractive..

but how practical is it???
  5. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    I thinks Its better
    1) its look better
    2) there wont be any accidental button press
    its very much practical as the sliding action is very good it feels solid and long lasting.
  6. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    mine also has all these features although i did not opt for reverse siren
  7. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    Revrse Siren Can be turned off by pressing combination of keys for some second
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I got a similar remote with a slider when I installed a security system on my bike . The slider eventually becomes loose and then slides by itself and then eventually breaks . The one I had also looked pretty rough and tough and despite being careful it does loosen up after some time .

Hope this remote doesn't repeat the same story .

BTW when I get back from vacation am gonna get one installed on my active , which , BTW doesn't have actuators in it . I've spoken to a guy in pune and he said he will do it cuz the remote locking system comes with its own actuators . Am bored of waiting and discussing so am going to get it done, so that we can put an end to this discussion once and for all .
  9. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Hyderabad
    Yes all central locking comes with actuators but it cannot be fitted in punto Afaik. do confirm with hiim wether he has installed central locking in any punto active with actuators before.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay can you please let me know that is your car warrenty is valid or not after fitting this central locking. Please reply ASAP cause I am going to buy GP 1.2 Active & I want to fit the Central Locking in my car. When I enquired about the same in Pune dealership ( Pandit Auto, Tilak Road), the sales guy told me that If you fit the central locking you will loose the car warrenty.

Please let me know.