1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Active - center locking issue- Unable to open doors from outside

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Vinothkumar84, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Vinothkumar84

Vinothkumar84 Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear all,

I have a punto active, center lock fitted outside long time back (few years) recently there is strange problem, Started from one door and eventually ended up having on all three doors except for the driver side.

Problem description :

Unable to open the doors (all three other than driver side) from outside. nevertheless ignition is ON/Off or Door locked/Unclocked by remote. Everytime I need to get in the car and open the other doors from inside which is a pain.

whenever I lock/unlock from the remote the I can see the locks open and unlock on the doors but only thing is I can't open it from outside.

when I took my car to few local garages, they Claim it is not simple as other cars, need to check the wiring on the driver door lock which might be the problem.
    when I called Fiat service center folks, they say please fix it outside as the lock mechanism was bought outside.

Please help me

2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    You may contact the remote lock brand's service center. Or else go to any good car accessory store, they should able to assist you.

I had the same issue after installing dump mate in the doors. But minor adjustment did the the trick.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Most of these central locking system face issues after few years...u have to get them serviced...but the central locking originally with the Fiat car is of good quality and last much longer than others.