1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto active 1.3 multijet diesel - should I go for it???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by pavankumarl73, Oct 31, 2013.

  1. Hello,
    I'm about to book my first car and came across Punto Active 1.3 MJD. Though I liked the car in comparision with Figo EXI I'm still bit hesitant to go ahead with Punto. Below are my concerns...

    1. Driving pleasure and comfort
    2. Good city mileage - I'm not too optimistic but expect good figures - My daily commute is generally 70% in free way and for remaining 30% expect bumper to bumper traffic (Bangalore outer ring road)
    3. Good after sales service and availability of spares
    4. Decent cost of maintenance - I just want to have a happy face after each service wouldn't mind spending few extra bucks.
    5. Reliability and Safety

    After going through many posts of tata - fiat partnership and poor dealer experience I'm actually bit hesitant to go for it. I need your suggestions and guidance and your Fiat experience in Bangalore

  2. punto_emotion

    punto_emotion Esperto

    Grande Punto 1.3
    1. Its matter of time finding an ideal driving position in Punto. Its pretty much driver focused

    2. In Blore traffic, you can expect @14-15 kmpl in ideal conditions.

    3. You need not worry about service and availability of spares. There are 3 FASS to choose from in Blore.

    4. Fiat service bills are always competitive. Please note that service interval is 15k kms which isn't the case with Ford.

    5. Mjd is a proven workhorse and with respect to build quality and sturdiness, you can vouch yourself during test drive.

    Good luck for your selection process.
  3. sk16

    sk16 Amatore

    New Delhi, India

    Hi Pavan. Look no further and go ahead with Punto.

    1. The ride quality of Punto is any day better than that of Figo's. The linear distribution of torque and the stable drive will put a smile on your face everyday when you spot a Figo sitting in your GP.
    2. City mileage of figo is a skip over punto's. But mileage is one thing that purely depends on your driving style. Also the hydraulically powered steering in the Punto makes its mileage drop a tad bit as compared to the EPS in figo which is a compromise on drive feel and texture.
    3. Now that the TATA-FIAT love affair is wrapped up, you need not worry about spare parts and the quality of service at FASS is any day better than that of Ford's.
    4. Cost of maintenance I guess is around the same. Also Fiat has reduced prices of things like fuel pump, engine oil, etc. Someone else here who also owns a Ford can throw some more light on this.
    5. Reliability and safety is again a section where the punto wins. You get ABS, collapsible steering, fuel cut-off system, rolling code immobiliser.

    Do TD both and compare. Best of luck.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  4. ghodlur

    ghodlur Esperto


    Punto_emotion & Sk16 have already backed the Punto option. If you are looking for a Punto, I would suggest go for the Dynamic variant, this has the most imp safety equipment i.e ABS.

    So do a big TATA to Ford and go ahead and buy a Punto.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

    vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

    @Pavankumarl73 Test Drive both the cars and choose the one which your heart likes more.
    Mileage would be almost same in both, for punto some spares are very cheap while some are priced way above(which are not used frequently), Punto scores better in safety aspect.
    Figo also have Hydraulic Power Steering.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. sk16

    sk16 Amatore

    New Delhi, India
    My bad. Didn't know about that. Actually I was told by a Ford SA that figo has EPS and not HPS when I took its TD about three years ago.

    Thanks vijay
  7. Thank you all guys. You have definitely boosted my confidence regarding Fiat.

    Just one last question - Hope the mileage figures mentioned above are with AC on
  8. Sujit508

    Sujit508 Regolare

    Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    bangalore is a safe haven for fiats . 3 exclusive service centers . 4th one coming soon. the part prices for punto are cheap also easily available from 99rpm.com .

    read through this thread to know why punto is better

    sent from mobile device, excuse typos

Share This Page