1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Active 1.3 MJD - Fog Lights (Torrid Goregaon Response)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sachin koltekar, Feb 16, 2015.

1. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ ghodlur

In city I always put cover on my lights.
    Recently i been to Shirdi on Ramnavmi, i used this lights on GHOTI road as the roads were bad and could not figure out pot holes.
    Main purpose of this lights is in my Native Place - for Hunting (Fox, rabbit & wild pig)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 8, 2015 ---
    @ paveen43all

Neolite is not in production anymore, make sure if you are getting old stock of Neolite in some shop it is OG.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Planning to get the FOG lamps from 99rpm. So, I will be able to order the fog lamps set and also the fog lamp grills. Now not sure about the wiring. What kind of socket does the OEM Fog lamp has ? Should be some waterproof type.
  3. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ kunwar.g

My advice will be get Fog Lamps from 99rpm but for installation give it to FIAT workshop.

They do have proper wiring harness and they know the machine better then local mechanic.
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @sachin koltekar - I did check at FASS DRS Gurgaon and they were ready to give me the parts but refused to do the installation. Unless I go for the OEM wiring and entire right side button panel which will sky rocket the cost to over 20K. For that money I could install FXR projectors :)

Can i just get the wiring harness from FASS. Doubt that as the wiring harness is a complete set with the button panels IMO
  5. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hope every punto wiring harness is equipped with fog lamp connection/terminals, which will be tucked in safely. And if you have the fog lamp unit and those three torx screws for each side,its a DIY.
    If you aren't comfortable with grease on hands....FASS would do it for free when you are visit them for any other service.
    There is a thin chance of water getting in to the fog lamp or its connector.....
    And the OE bulb is OSRAM H1 55w.

True,
    It isnt a wise spending, unless you are very particular of every thing look as original fitment.

Not sure what harness are they pointing out, but make sure your car already has those connectors or FASS will do a new wiring/circuit.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto Active doesn't have the Fog lamp wiring harness tucked away anywhere. Did check that while the bumper was opened for swap of grills and installation of Hella horns.
  7. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh..
    Then 20K is way too much.
    Hope you already have this option, You can get the fog lamps installed and get the wiring done at any exclusive Auto electrician.
    It will be the lights-->holders-->wiring from battery a fuse and a if poss a relay too and the last one would be a Switch which should be mounted according to your choice of area.

If a bigger/higher amps relay is available,you can even go with 100w H1 bulbs.

Images shown on 99rpm aren't clear enough, I have fog lamps on my emotion which are listed to be Linea type and the holding bracket isn't listed in it.

Guess, 6k would be max for all hardware and 500-1000 could be charged for installation.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can the Fog Lamp reflectors handle the extra heat of the 100W H1. Its such a small area. 100W might be too much and fry the reflectors
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 9, 2015 ---
    Able to get this pic from a friend and I am not sure how to get the socket which is connecting the wire to the FOG lamp. Any idea or leads ?

IMG-20150225-WA0005.jpg
    mohit saini likes this.
  9. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Definitely it will bring heat, there is some one in this forum who upgraded fog lamp bulbs to 100w.