1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Active 1.3 MJD - Fog Lights (Torrid Goregaon Response)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sachin koltekar, Feb 16, 2015.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rishike007 Would installing HID without projectors be good. What i have read most places is the light will just scatter and will not really benefit the driver as mush and also will be dangerous for any incoming traffic.

HID with 35W will be an expense of close to 6-8K ( without projectors ) and will give light equivalant to 105W ( approx ) halogens ( this is what i got to know from some forum by searching on google). Shifting to 100/90W bulb will cost only 1200-1500. Basis this is it really worth going to HID without Projectors ?
  2. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g

I have read even 100/90 is blakening the reflectors! the reflectors will damaged very say in 1 year.

honestly, i am confused :banghead:

@rishike007

If you are coming for team meet on 1st i can have a look at your car.

Suggestions are always welcome it help me to select the BEST.... :) without warranty void and car damage.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For HID's projectors are must but if you are using projectors then the headlight washers are also must. Otherwise, in rainy seasons the lights will not useful at all.

I'm having 35W since more than 5 years, bought for Indica & now installed in Punto. Halogens will give you the same intensity but they will burn headlights in long run. Also halogen will eat the battery though you are having the cut-outs.
    Xenons will not eat battery & burn the headlights as compared to halogens.

Of course the xenons are expensive, since last 5 years and so I've changed only one xenon bulb which costs me 2100/-

Unfortunately, due to personal work I wont be coming for the meet :(
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not really. Atleast 1 person has it for over 3.5 years with no damage to the reflector

https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/os...s-or-osram-fog-breaker-for-linea.13676/page-2

It really boils down to what your liking and budget is. A 100/90 bulb cost around 250.00 whereas xenon is 2100 as shared by rishike007.

A new set of headlights will cost you 4400.00. So worst case if you dont use the high beam of 100/90 judiciously getting a whole set of new headlights will be 4400.00 ( and that includes the bulb too :) )

But thats just me who is looking at the cost vs usability factor. Go with what you like and can afford. rishike007 has been using the same projectors set for 5 years and in 2 cars with only changing bulbs once, So even that's a good option. See if you can check the throw of any of these projectors on high beam. From what i have read on some forums the after marker HID and projectors are really not that great on both high and low beam. If low beam spread and cutoff is good, it suffers in high beam and visa versa. And I would agree to this as most cars which come with projectors as OEM also have a different bulb for high beam. Surely there has to be some reason, or maybe it just to ensure that both foreground and background are lit-up at same time
    rishike007 likes this.
  5. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    9a3ffa8d6fec32689c99b6bb1db99a4c.jpg

My Punto active with fog lights, fitted by Torrid Goregaon technician.
    Iyu, AmeyKhedekar and rishike007 like this.
  6. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This was done a year back. Now I have HIDs in my fog lights and projectors in my headlights!
    Iyu and AmeyKhedekar like this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Imteeyaz please share more details on FOG HIDs. I've found one with 55w 4300K for 8.5K
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had the same idea of getting HID in fog, but for that wanted to know the specification of the Fog light size that will fit in. I mean I could get the Fog light covers/clamp/case from FASS for approx 175 each and then get the lights from after market. It will need to have seperate wiring with individual switch routed to the inside of car.

Is that possible. Or will have to get the Fog lights installed from FASS complete which will be close to 7K and then upgrade it to HID. Which makes it an expensive option considering what its worth.
  9. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had got the fogs (which i purchased from Torrid) installed by a Torrid technician at my place. This was almost a year back. Two months back when I got the projectors fitted I also upgraded the fogs to HIDs for 6k from Sainath auto, Khar. They are 55w 4300k (little yellowish). But I feel I can get better performance with advanced ballasts. The ballast which were installed I feel are of low quality which are used in bikes projector.
    rishike007 likes this.
  10. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ca5d82cfa3ba491e25bcb80bbae62c01.jpg

With fog lights and philips DRLs
    Iyu, varunrtr, pdash and 3 others like this.