1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Active 1.3 MJD - Fog Lights (Torrid Goregaon Response)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sachin koltekar, Feb 16, 2015.

1. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods/Experts need advice…
    I own 1.3 MJD 5 months old car. I am a frequent traveller and enjoy night driving. I also have Innova and Hyundai grand i10 sportz.
    Innova headlights and fog lights “company fitted” are so powerful that I don’t need any other lights on road.
    Hyundai i10 I have HID so it is more powerful than Innova.
    Punto Active – I went for long drive to Ratnagiri using OLD MUMBAI GOA HIGHWAY in my new punto to test the vehicle in night time, good experience with Engine, vehicle stability, smoothness, comfort , handling on ghats but that was 2 way road and my earlier experience with santro and Innova did not helped me to drive Punto with that ease – reason “I could not see the road ahead”, somehow managed to reach Ratnagiri.
    My car is due for first service this month end, so thought of calling Fiat Service Center in Goregaon “Torrid” asking them to fix company fitted fog lights as it might help me during long drive and the person in the Service Center – Mr Anish refused L stating in Punto Active they don’t have the provision to do so.
    Shock to hear such reply. Punto Active, Dynamic & Emotion all have same engine capability, all can chase 160 km/hr so upper models can have extra lights but base model could not. Failed to understand the logic.
    Asked Mr. Anish if this is not possible can you please fix additional driving lights or off road lights which will help me to drive during night times, he denied stating warranty will be void.
    Please Advise…..
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sachin,please post your query here--http://www.teamfiat.com/forums/electrical-systems.68/.

Fog lamps can be fitted in ACTIVE model.Purchase a pair from FASS and fit it at any reputed workshop outside which does electrical works.

(Mod,please move the thread to the proper section.)
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  3. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    One question Sachin. Was the main head lamps correctly aligned? You could be using a different level from what required.
    Fog lamps are generally not used as a substitute for main low beams. They serve a specific purpose esp in foggy conditions.

I would suggest go for a longer throw lamps.
    mangeshtendulkar, Harsh and prabhjot like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @sachin koltekar contact Rajendra @ RS motors. Explain your needs, fix an appointment and get it done. If they refuse PM me. We have one more option. Don't worry.

EDIT : number PMed to you.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  6. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur

No issue with the focus, concern is brightness. Silver plating is also perfect, output is less.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 16, 2015 ---

Thank you @asimpleson

Yeah i know Rajendra and Michael from RS motors and will definitely get in touch.

I think i should change my Service Center :)

Those guys have solution for all the query and knows how to treat customer - personal experience for hyundai car.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 16, 2015 ---
    Called Rajendara and booked first Service with RS motors on Saturday @ 9:30 am.

Asked him about the fog lights and he said yes he can install the fog lights by taking a separate wire from Battery and additional on/off switch. He has to check the availabilty of the spare.

Pretty convincing answer also makes you feel good...

:)

Thanks Guys @asimpleson, @ ghodlur,
    prabhjot and pdash like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sachin koltekar

Be doubly sure whether this addition affects the warranty in any way. Even though there might be no splicing of wires, any addition to the electrical system also needs to be added to the ECU for negating the errors. Not dampening your attempts, just making you cautious.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur, I think it will bypass those systems and be a direct connection.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    So Aseem, you meant to say that the fog light switching on/off will not be displayed on the display console?? Will this fog light connection not routed through a proper fuse circuit??
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3