1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Agree. People who want to buy will still buy. But for someone like me who wants to own a Fiat and experience one and is looking to buy one in a month or two 11.4 to 12 is still sudden rise. Fingers crossed. Let's see. Else wait for 6 months to a year for discounts on the Abarth Punto.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Whencut86

You could book one right away, you know, before the prices 'adjust'? No? In any case: you should! The waiting for vfm pricing via discounts is to miss the forest for the trees, man, you know, if it is not illogical? Pricing and cost-of-ownership are the last things one can possibly have issues with vis-a-vis FIATs, imo, even if we 'account' for lower resale so-called (erroneously) 'value'.

Hopefuly the price adjustment just means that they feel the demand for it, at least in bangalore+Chennai+Kerala, is nearly as good or better than they'd (conservatively am sure) planned/budgeted?

Don't forget: i suspect the objective with the Abarth Punto+Avventura is, or so I at least suspect, much less to actually sell good/great numbers of the cars, since that would be impossible in our marketplace, and as much or more for brand-activation/promotion, dealer footfall and enquiry increase, 'looking busy and exciting', 'novelty value', emphasizing FIAT's (and not only Abarth's) usp-s, etc.

In fact, if that surmise is true: we might see a down-tuned (say 105 hp, 180 odd Nm?) but much cheaper (8.xx lakhs) t-jet, perhaps even a tax-benefitting 1.2 version with adjusted stroke etc, on the punto, with the 1.4 and/or 1.2 fire petrols eliminated entirely, in a few/several monhs from now? let us see.
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  3. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @prabhjot I want to but due to some commitments I can book one in Jan only. Planning to book one during New Year or Lohri/Pongal time. There are 17 bookings for Abarth Punto and not one car delivered yet. Here in Chennai they are waiting for RTO approval of the new car model. None of the bookings will get delivery at old prices since the price is applicable at the time of delivery and not at the time of booking. Waiting for discounts and stuff was just wishful thinking on my part. Just pointing out that a 11.4 L on-road price can suddenly become 12L if the ex-showroom goes past 10 owing to different excise/tax bracket. I guess Avventura's new ex-showroom increased to 10.06 L and the on-road went above 12L. This leads to 4-5 more EMIs and just thinking about it from financial point of view here and nothing less. I will wait for updated prices. Mom, Dad and wife will have raised eyebrows at a 12L price and also having recently got a CBR 250R and proper Dainese Riding gear from head to toe was considerable investment done for touring, I would ponder about the sudden increase in pricing but the true blood Arian in me would trigger that buying impulse and I would eventually end up owning one during Jan/Feb :p .
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

I think she got pinned back from the acceleration of the Abarth motor and automatically discovered a good driving position! :yuck:
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiats objective is to survive just remain afloat.
    Nobody cares if a Japanese sold a soda can on wheels, But people raise concerns when a European brand compromise with safety.As long as Fiat is in India grab the best one .
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  6. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Is Fiat going to advertize the abarths?? or are they relying only on social media & word of mouth?
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    First they need to produce enough numbers to cater to current booking and push the ads in parallel to sustain the demand. Else it will lose steam.
    jayadev, Dr Nitin Dutta and prabhjot like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Turbothinghy, bharath and limraj like this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    All these comments, and review, make me curious to get my hands on Abarth... :) Excellent