1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

@nkrishnap & @CrAzY dRiVeR Thanks for the fantastic compilation of good and bad.
    Who knows merits and demerits better than a current owner who is also a FIAT fan!
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

All goes towards cost. With that high tuned engine, changing so many others shall obviously put it over 12L which is a disastrous planning/move.
  3. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

I felt NVH levels inside the cabin are on the lower side. I don't know if they have dampened it.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

They have not targeted those car buyers who seek bells and whistles - so loud and clear. Money is put into better alloys, breaks, stiffened suspension, engine etc etc.

@nkrishnap and @CrAzY dRiVeR - great review!!!
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    +1 to that if you buying abarth then it is for absolute driving pleasure and thrill it can give. we are getting this monster just below a million is a great achievement by fiat and they worked very hard to keep the price under 10 Lakh
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 28, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 28, 2015 ---
    http://www.team-bhp.com/news/fiat-avventura-powered-abarth-price-raised-already Avventura Exshowroom price is now 10,00,976 INR. why this price hike within a month
    extr3mex likes this.
  6. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Brilliant report @nkrishnap ji & I must also thank @CrAzY dRiVeR for helping you out.

The change in price is to save both the new Tjets from eating up each others market as told by an sales executive here in Delhi. But I feel this change won't help them in any which way. People who wants and who knows Fiat will only buy Abarth and guys looking for some bling and a bucket full of features will choose Aventura.

# Out of topic - I feel Abarth should have got the touch screen and the bumper skirtings'.
    kunwar.g and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. SVN

SVN Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got an opportunity to do TD from RDC fiat,Chennai. When compared to my 2012 GP 90HP, this is X times better in terms of fit and finish, gear shift, dashboard and even ease of steering wheel at parking speed. Even the seat material was having adequate mesh type design for better grip and probably to have better absorption of body heat (not sure though, experts can brief).
    Took a sharp U turn at reasonable speed near ashok pillar and believe me ,the abarth behaves exactly what I expect; that is no jerk or roll.
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot and bibin like this.
  8. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Punto Evo 1.3
    @nkrishnap @crazydriver Absolutely amazing review; reading it felt as if I was driving. I still can't get my lazy bum out for a TD. I read that the ICE is now supported by Uconnect.
    The ICE unit in my Evo also looks the same, but is B&M. How do we come to know if it's a Uconnect or B&M by just looking at it? When the ICE powers up it says B&M. So does it say Uconnect when it powers up?
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I am wondering why do we even need an ICE while driving a 145 hp car? :D
    extr3mex and prabhjot like this.
  10. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Just to enjoy the vibe of 145 hp car.