1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Fantastic Review and awesome detailed pictures. Thank You and I Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

BTW, Just one noob question. I think Punto Emotion Petrol and Abarth engines are same. Can we able to remap the Punto's Emotion petrol engine to achieve the desired BHP/Torque?
  2. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Great review guys, thank you for such a detailed write up on this fabulous machine.

If looks could kill, this car can get away with it :) Having driven the TJet, I cant wait to get my hands on this one. I so wish, this car was around when I bought my 90 HP Evo this year :-(
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto Emotion Petrol is not Turbo engine, it is NA engines, which will not have much impact with remapping. Check out various threads in http://www.teamfiat.com/forums/engine-and-drivetrain.60/ section.
    Raaz likes this.
  4. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks very much Ravi for your kind clarification and for the link. Have a good day. :)
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Stickering you can remove if you dont like to keep it. Abarth Punto Comes with stiffened Suspension and as per the reviews and TD Reports GC is not an issue.
    kirenh likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad to see or hear, here, that alot of bookings has already started to roll in. Only wish, FIAT now starts massively and aggressively does AD campaign in the TV (Abarth brand only).

On the other hand, wonder why Vecto didnt take/get selling rights?? :O
  7. Arun AC

Arun AC Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT, You surely know a thing or two about making cars. This is exactly what I expected when Mr.Kevin was appointed and in fact quoted this on the thread mentioning his appointment. Again will not expect this to be a sales cracker but one thing is for sure, Fiat is on the right track to become a unique car maker in the Indian car market and my obsession with exclusivity in owning a thing holds till this moment.
    Was hurt :hurting: quite a few times when GT TSI's flash their headlights for being on their way and this can probably be my answer to them.
    Might be too ambitious or stupid, how much can I trade my Punto MJD 75HP, 2014 model for this beast ? Will I be able to get a good deal ? For once, I consider the resale value as a parameter !!
    Last but not least, Thanks to Krishna for the detailed review and highlighting the right things. Read it again in T-BHP for their comments and view. Kudos to you !!
    cassini and Raj_pol like this.
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Krishna for good and detailed review. I am hearing some people are telling about the rubberiness of gear shift. Yes its there but i didnt find any issue with that. I dont know why people are crying for that despite of leaving all the good things.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ccprakash coz when they try this new car, back of their mind it always rings of smooth gear boxes of MS or huyundai or others. Hence, its obvious that they gonna cry about it coz they are asked to do a bit of effort to change gears.
    Yet they have become so lazy to make it a predominant reason to criticize :banghead:
    ccprakash and abhinav_nani like this.
  10. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Excellent review! Can't wait to get my hands on one of those..