1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ops : how is fiat service in Nepal.
  2. ops

ops Amatore

Punto Abarth
    Good so far. Sometimes have to wait a bit longer for parts.
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Idea is that post treatment if at all in worst case scenario small metal fragments, like metal dust do form in engine the sooner one changes it like 1000kms for first oil change the better it is for prolonged engine health. Although engineers must have factored in metal treatment (hardening etc.) so the chances are very very miniscule. It's more an added safety measure. Metal dust no matter how fine will work as abrasive and have compounding effect on wear and tear. Even oils are formulated to carry those and filters designed to keep them off from re-circulation.
    revvingengines and prabhjot like this.
  4. Cliffy

Cliffy Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys have anyone installed a free flow exhaust in the abarth? I'am planning to get the car in 2 months. I want your thoughts
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Saw my first Abarth on dilli-gurgaon roads a few days ago: on nh8. One mean i.e., ugly i.e., standout red-on-black specimen driving charmingly sedately on the giant and fairly viably-fast-yet-safe nh8.

Last week saw a couple driving in a Maserati Quattroporte (previous generation.)

AND: just yesterday saw at the same spot near nh8 (i frequent this particular chai-wala) another automtoive-road-presence champion, the Wrangler Unlimited. Man, it is far bigger, esp in length, than i'd remembered, had some chrome fitments on it (accessories.) Don't know if it was a company or dealer model or a sold-one.

The Abarths seem to sell 15-17 odd each month, while it is being rumoured by someone with claimed-inside-knowledge at FCA on that/another forum that JEEP's off to quite a start with these 'overpriced' 71 to 1.xxcrores models (the W unlimited and the grand Cherokee): first batch of imports by them all soldout etc. Or so the rumour goes. There is no shortage of 'manly'/'mard' crorepatis and kharabpatis, white/black or grey being the 'colour' of their money, a surfeit in fact, in some parts of the country like this one, so i'd be surprised indeed if this claim were untrue!
  6. ops

ops Amatore

Punto Abarth
    Query to experts. What is the location of fuel filter in abarth punto. Is the fuel filter different or similar to regular Punto/Linea/T-Jet?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016 at 9:35 PM
    pabhishek, Turbothinghy and Raaz like this.