1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Wish you all the Best, Keep us Updated
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    With Vitara Brezza coming up with only diesel, fiats should campaign hard for Abarth Avventura while the Brezza s are reaching the Maruti showrooms.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Brezza already got 5800 Bookings :)
  4. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Jeep-C-SUV-rendering-front-three-quarters-1024x576.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---
    The new C-SUV rendering. This will also be produced in India, but initially in Brazil. Based on renegade and 500x
    Please see the my new TJet attached. I have put in a rear spoiler. Everyone loves it. I felt the gear box is better than the previous one

TJET WHITE.jpg
    Also, I have upgraded to Michelin Primacy 3ST. They r cool. I sticked to manufacturer recommendation for tyre pressure: 36 front and 33 rear. A bit bumpy though

Looking for the number: 7 (0007), but need to wait. Anyone have friends in RTA office? How is the number: 7000 though?
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    KPR, Anup and prabhjot like this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @RCP I would not bet on the C-SUV. We both know the speed at which Fiat crawls :)
    adisrini1103 and RCP like this.
  6. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Pune
    Punto Abarth
    @RCP Congrats on the T-Jet! After having driven on Primacy 3 STs and considering that Linea's suspension is less firm than the Abarth's (ride quality is too good for a stiffly-sprung car) you are in for an uber-luxury experience! Having said that, the softness of the tyre does show at extreme cornering, so lowering the cornering speed (slightly) is always a good idea.

As for the air, I have settled into a 33 - 33 setting.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Passione84 Would u rate Continental, Pirelli, Hankook and Yokohoma better than Michelin - in terms of dry and wet handling; and cornering?

What would be your line of choice?
  8. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Pune
    Punto Abarth
    I wanted to go in for Pirelli P Zero Rosso for a balance of all things, but it has meh wet control, as per reviews. However, my first choice was Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003 for outstanding wet and dry handling, and good comfort due to its slightly soft compound. I did not find either, so decided on Bridgestone Potenza G IIIs, but they have been discontinued!

So I had to pick between the Michelin Primacy 3 ST and Yokohama Advan Sport, since both were available. Read from a review that the Advans have a major noise issue and are overrated. So bit the bullet and decided to go with the Michelins; it is an all-round tyre.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Jeep c-suv is completely on the pre-announced schedule (2014), globally and esp for India. It WILL be launched, locally-made in mid-2017.

As for the Fiat brand in India: it too is so far on schedule as per the 2014 'plan'. The Abarth launch was delayed by a few months, that is all. My bet is for one and only one new Fiat model in 2017, and 1/2 in 2018.

Toyota, VW, Nissan, Chevrolet are the other brands that are as or indeed more so (Toyota, VW and Nissan) 'slower' than the Fiat one in India. When do you suppose the Micra and Sunny, or Etios twins, or the Polo+Vento will see replacements......2018 or later! Fiat has launched Abarths (2016), Jeep(2016 for the cbu-s and the brand/new dealers+2017 for the localized c-suv)......FCA would be 'faster' than several other firms, and more committed etc. Funny, hunh?

It is another matter that FCA fails, just like VW, Nissan and Toyota and Chevy and Tata too, to succeed at sales-growth in India, whereas it is booming pretty much everywhere else it is present (adusting for overall mkt recessions in LatAm etc).

THAT will assuredly NOT change, except maybe with Jeep (small sales, high margins? And exports, of course.)

The indian market's a waste of time for even Toyota, let alone FCA, foreseeably (mass market).

If it were not for India's cost competitiveness for higher-quality manufacturing of small powertrains, some components, and some very-entry-level-type cut-price model exports, all these firms would have called it quits here for many a year, already......just as Chevy and/or Ford have just done in Indonesia and Thailand too. Toyota will not be making a mass-market move here till 2018/19 (at best).

FIAT's future here as a brand and with its own dealerships+ass centres is bleak as long as it is 'independent' rather than 'merged'/JV-ed with one or 2 other much bigger-in-India firms (Suzuki? Tata?).

The demand-side of the equation for the Fiat brand and its dealerships is totally, and structurally, F-ed up! It is not a supply-from-Fiat side problem. However, it seems that supply of all-new models will indeed happen in 2017 and 2018. Best of luck to them and us with those launches, but it really is ONLY exports that'll keep the profitable show going on for a few more years, one fears.

PS: As an investor/market-analyst, am still betting, a small amount though, on a big, 2018+ merger type 'deal' between FCA and Suzuki and/or....on a global basis. Why? Because Marchionne has said or rather heavy-hinted so repeatedlyof late and he will be retiring then.
  10. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @prabhjot The only problem is Fiat don't want to sell big in India. FPT (Not FCA) is getting a lot of money through engines, and they don't want to spoil that. So, segments like Linea and Punto are far out of question -as Tata and Maruti should do well. But, even myself is watching for the C-Suv and also a bit more compact SUV to replace Avventura. Even then, expect the numbers to be low:banghead:, but better and can match with VW, Nissan etc.

@Passione84 Pirellis are great tyres, but I heard they will worn off quickly and also heard that after 20k, you may not feel the same way as you feel with Michelins. But, defnitely Michelins are softer. As long as you are a tarmac lover, Michelins are best. So, your choice is right. The only issue for a spirited driver with Michelin is - they don't help you feel the road. They are too soft and absorb everything. These days, the reviews are also very positive about Pirellis - sometimes better than Michelin, in handling department. A lot of F1 fans believe that Michelin is not being considered for Formula 1 as their tyres won't degrade faster, and so less number of pit-stop visits are required by the driver. The F1 management believes that lesser stops may reduce the additional thrill in the sport. More tyre changes, pistops etc gives the additional kick to the sport (I really don't like this belief). There is a talk in the F1 town that Michelin didn't agree to make tyres with the composition specified by F1 management, and so offered it to Pirelli. A lot of F1 drivers complained regarding the current tyre partnership, and that a right balance between HD (High degradation) and quality of the tyres should be brought in.

But the F1 management believes, whatever they are doing is to save the sport, and they are least concerned on the quality and durability. May be, the fans should have forgotten that this is motor-sport;)